PDA

View Full Version : New Centre Console

Edencraft
20-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Some guys on the Gold Coast have designed and built a new fibreglass 5.5m centre console sports fishing boat. The R&D boat was luanched this morning and what an awsome little boat this is. I have no association with the owners of the new company Tiapan boats other than knowing the guys through work. The gents that are designing and building these boats would have to be some of the most experienced designers and builders of GRP boats not in just Australia but the world, all are keen sports fisherman and recently moved to Australia from the UK. I have attached a couple of pics

Blackened
20-05-2007, 11:51 AM
G'day

She certainly looks the goods, best of luck to the newly formed taipan boats.

Dave

juju
20-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Looks snazzy....

Lovey80
20-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Eden, whats one of those pictured set one back drive away??? mate.

Cheers Chris

Edencraft
20-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Pricing has not been fixed as yet the boat in the pics is the R&D boat they are making some changes to the deck/liner molding before it will be offered as aproduction boat. The boat is built with a full glass stringer grid, full internal glass linner, 2 x seperate fuel tanks 1 x 100ltr 1 x 30 ltr, 25ltr fresh water tank, sea water wash down pump, bow seating with insert to form front casting deck, walk through transom and miles of storage compartments.

The boys are just organising a stainless bowrail and t-top plus some outriggers which will finish it off. If you want more details send me a PM and I will give you the number of the guys that are building it.

bushbeachboy
21-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Nice looking boat mate. That green colour you see is pure envy.8-)

ffejsmada
21-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Very nice, wonder how they handle.