PDA

View Full Version : Crab Thieves Caught

birko
20-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Good to see a couple of crab thieves got run through the courts here in Mackay. They fell to a Fisheries sting, with the fishos placeing micro chipped crabs in a few pots. They also got done for an undersized crab and excess pots in the boat. The two gus got fined a total of $4500. Took a while to get through the court system as they were caught April last year at Murray creek and just went through on Friday just gone

emj
20-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Yahoooo

Its Grreat To Finally See Some Justice Done For The Honest Fisho. How Often We Hear Of Our Mates Or Even Ourselves Getting Pots Robbed And Gear Knocked Off , Lets Hope This Will Maybe??????? Make Those Thieving pr@#$s Think Twice. A Big Gold Star To The Fisheries Dept. For Helping To Protect The Rights Of The Honest Bloke.hopefully They'll Be Touring Up And Down The Coast Doing All The Areas. If Not Even Just A Rumour Of Them In Town May Make The Thieves Think Twice.

8-) Poetic Justice Is Sweet

finga
20-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Beauty.... :)

ashh
20-05-2007, 12:03 PM
serves themselves right, the theivin pr!cks>:(

mylestom
20-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Good to see a couple of crab thieves got run through the courts here in Mackay. They fell to a Fisheries sting, with the fishos placeing micro chipped crabs in a few pots. They also got done for an undersized crab and excess pots in the boat. The two gus got fined a total of $4500. Took a while to get through the court system as they were caught April last year at Murray creek and just went through on Friday just gone

Great, but fine not big enough, should take their boat and associated gear involved including vehicle and trailers etc. Sounds a bit tough, but a fine won't stop some of those thieving mongrels.

Trev

ffejsmada
20-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, good stuff!;D

The ars#hol#s should have been fined more than $4500, thats chicken feed.

Should have had their gear and boat confiscated as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They definitely would'nt do it again then.

OR would they???????

Cheers, Jeff.

daz apps
20-05-2007, 02:18 PM
bloody good job they should have got more >:(

dogsbody
20-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Just a piss in the ocean it ain't gonna change a thing. there will still be pots go MIA.

Dave.

sandyd
20-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Just a piss in the ocean it ain't gonna change a thing. there will still be pots go MIA.

Dave.

Maybe so but first I have heard in a long time that anything has been done, so I think it is a start and lets hope we see lots more of it.
And I to also think that taking there boat would be better punishment, but still $4500 is a very expensive crab that they did not even get to taste. Go the fisheries

peterm
20-05-2007, 06:26 PM
It great to see the authorities making an effort however the 4.5K is peanuts compared to what this would have cost the taxpayer.

blaze
20-05-2007, 06:53 PM
trouble with fining people to much (as much as its the right thing to do) is they go straight back and do the same again to pay the fine. maybe less is better, I agree with taking boat ect for repeat affenders.
cheers
blaze

onerabbit
20-05-2007, 07:32 PM
trouble with fining people to much (as much as its the right thing to do) is they go straight back and do the same again to pay the fine. maybe less is better, I agree with taking boat ect for repeat affenders.
cheers
blaze

Spot on Blaze,

they will just go harder now to pay for the fine,

I have no time for the thieves or the blackmarket butchers.

Muzz

marty+jojo
20-05-2007, 07:34 PM
haha good stuff. It should happen more often.
Marty.

seajaysbeta1/2
20-05-2007, 07:55 PM
i have to agree 4.5k is fish piss in the ocean too some. first time caught deserves a hefty fine and if you dont learn a 1st time and go back for a second bite at the cherry then i say bad luck you deserve too have your boat taken along with all your fishing gear.

nothing sh*ts me more then the other half going out, throwing out the pots and coming back everytime with no muddies and or better still all his pots gone. thieving bastids!!!

~*~ it takes 200 muscles too frown at some1, but only 42 to extend your arm and slap the mother upside the head~*~*:o

Great White
20-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Serves them right I CAN"T STAND THEVING BA$$TARDS WHO STEAL CRABS or anything for that matter:angryfire: :furious2: :rifle: :whip: :behead: :hanged:

birko
20-05-2007, 08:11 PM
The thing which is probably the worst for them above the fine is the fact that they were named in the paper. Then again if you have that little respect of other peoples crabs and gear it may be like water off a ducks back to them. Still I think it is good to see the fishos active in this regard.

Lovey80
20-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey change the law so that you can shoot the bastads. I'll volunteer to do my own stakeout!!!! Hey wouldnt that be fun seeing their faces when a .308 blows the top off their power head and theyre sitting ducks. he he he If not just castrate em. (Sounding a little right wing there lol)

Cheers Chris

Dirtysanchez
21-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Trouble is if they are fined too heavily, they just won't pay, and probably declare themselves as bankrupt. End up paying 10 cents in the dollar for years due to their bankrupcy claim. I see it in Business regularly, people get away with a lot and it stinks.

I think confiscating their equipment is better, sell that off at a siezed asset auction and keep the dough to fund more patrols !!

Mattg68
21-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I think confiscating their equipment is better, sell that off at a siezed asset auction and keep the dough to fund more patrols !!

Bingo!!...time for a zero tolerance stance against thieves, take there transport & for second offenders lengthy jail time.

grrrr.....

Matt

Lovey80
21-05-2007, 07:04 PM
You'd only have to shoot one!;D Who's going to have a crack after hearing about the first guy :o. Ok im tired again. Come on guys not one person even sympathetic to this response even if it is just for a laugh????;D

Cheers Chris

shaman
21-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Option 1. Kick sh!t out of them.
Option 2. Kick sh!t out of them.
Option 3. Kick shit out of them.

What's transparent and lies in the gutter???
A crab thief with the sh!t kicked out of it !!!!!