PDA

View Full Version : Fraser-Where to go?

CHOMPER
20-05-2007, 08:35 AM
G'day Fisho's

Going to Fraser early June and was wondering if anyone has heard if the tailor are around yet ?? I am in two minds whether to set up on the beach near Dundaburra or past Waddy ?:-/ We use to only really target Dart, but would love to get some Tailor off the beach. Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

whynott
20-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Chomper,

My husband (Whynott) is up at fraser at the moment for the fishing comp.:D :D
He has been fishing a few times since he got there on Thursday and as of yesterday has not seen a Tailor caught. We only chase Tailor when we go up there, usually at Indian Head. Ican keep you up dated if you like.

Cheers mrs whynott.
Sue

rockfisho
20-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi mate

We went up last year in mid June. There were quite a few choppers halfway to Ngkala rocks from Orchid beach and around the rocks aswell. Heaps of big dart and tarwhine frequented the beaches and rocks also.

cheers

rockfisho

CHOMPER
20-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks Sue

I would appreciate it if you can. I hope hubby has a good time and do not encounter any of the dreaded weed.

Tight lines

CHOMPER
20-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Cheers for that. I will give it a go there, as I do not mind
catching the odd chopper. The real big ones are quite the challenge on light
tackle.

Thanks for the heads-up

Chomper

whynott
24-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi Chomper,

Well Mr Whynott has been on Fraser a week now and has not caught a Tailor.:( He said they are catching them down the bottom of the Island near the barge area. A guy caught one there the other day it was 3kg. But they have"nt come up the coast line as yet:( But he is having a ball anyway.:D But there is still a couple of days left so he will see how he goes.:)
We usually go up in September and there are heaps around then. Last year i caught my first Tailor and it was the biggest i had seen.
Anyway have a good holiday when you go what ever you may catch. And as John Laws says KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

Cheers Mrs Whynott.
Sue.