PDA

View Full Version : New Model 680 "Spin Doctor"

Col_s
16-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Here are some pic's of a boat we just finished for Ausfish users "Without a Trace" Richard, and his young bloke "Crazyabout Fishing".

Richard worked close with us throughout the project researching everything he wanted fitted to the boat and we designed a new walkaround cuddy, with the sides extended back further them normal and then fitted a couple of upright windows, so hopefully we will look a bit different then what everyone sees around in our market :)
By extending the sides of the cab aft it has also let us fit some lockers in the side decks as you will see by the pics.
Richard hasn't mucked around with electronics as you will see.
A 10inch Lowrance plotter, Furuno 585 Sounder, Furuno Radar, Navman fuel flow and Radios has given him a pretty impressive set up. It's powered witha 250 HP Suzuki and the trailer is a Belco channel construction with slides.
There a quite a few options on this boat and I'm sure Richard would be keen to talk about some of them with you guys.
Enjoy the pics

Cheers Col

Col_s
16-05-2007, 12:04 PM
The drivers seat box is insulated and the passengers has a tackle locker fitted.

There are removable jockey seats fitted behind the seat boxes

Col_s
16-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Cabin Top , Overhead console dash ect and a fully lined cabin.

Col_s
16-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Ice box and kill tank.
All we have to do now is get him out there and get some blood on it ;)

STUIE63
16-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Nice boat there i really like the lines of the bow rail.
Stuie

Greg P
16-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Really nice job there Col. New cab looks great.
:P

Cheers

Greg

bluefin59
16-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Another excellent boat there col you should be proud of your self they are a great fishing weapon gotta start saving some serious money for one of these there a bit like a harley on the water they all have there own custom features great work mate ....:P :P :P :P

withoutatrace
16-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Having just picked up my new boat "Spin Doctor" I thought I would put a few lines down about the experiences of building a new boat with Fisher Boats.

I ordered this boat with Col, last year and I can certainly say it has been worth every minute of the wait. Col must just about go crazy with the impatient owners pestering him with "ïs it ready yet" or "give me a completion date", and the answer is "all good things come in time".

Throughout the whole process Col has been straight forward in guiding my sometimes good decisions and sometimes bad decisions and giving an honest opinion of whether it would work or not. Not sure you would get the practical, personal and hands on fishing knowledge input into your boat, from others as you get with a Fisher.

It has been a pleasure to work with the team at Fisher over the past months and I will continue to utilise the services offered in in after sales service etc.

I would like to say thanks to Col and Max, for their patience and tenacity in keeping me on the right path.

The boys in the workshop Ralph, Mick and Ash for the unbelievable standard of welding and construction strength on my boat (who would want to bog that).

Also Dave and Mark for the mechanical and electrical and all those finishing touches that come together to make the difference.

If I have missed the other guys in the workshop it's because I have a s---t memory for names, but thanks for all your input as well.

And of course don't forget the girls in the office who try and pin Col down to talk to every customer that rings or walks in the door.

Many thanks - A brilliant job.

Richard

ffejsmada
16-05-2007, 05:27 PM
You lucky bas%^&d Richard.

Lovely boat mate, well done Col.

Cheers, Jeff.

Blackened
16-05-2007, 06:51 PM
G'day

Another piece of art there col.... when's your exhibition going to be at the brisbane art gallery?

Fantastic work

Dave

Reel Nauti
16-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Absolutely bloody beautiful!!!

Congratulations to all concerned!

Dave

Tim_N
16-05-2007, 08:08 PM
In the words of the great Australian Philosopher, Con the Fruiterer, "bewwwdeful".
Tim

Black_Rat
16-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Aarrrgghhhh ! >:( you owe me another keyboard Col ! I keep drooling over the boats you produce ;D

youngfisho
17-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Thats a schmick lookin boat col, like the removable jockey seats as well nice touch. Looks like a well set up rig.

andrew

Cheech
17-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I am always interested in the small improvements and extras. The overhead under ceiling rod holders are a good idea as I am not a fan of rocket launchers. Do you use bungie straps to stop them moving? The detachable seats are great. I like the idea of the split in the kill tank. I have only ever noticed them full length. I am in the process of glassing in a kill tank at the moment so may steal that split idea (if that is ok). Is the back end of teh kill tank ported straight out the back? Do you have a bung in it?

Cheech

Camo
17-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Another great boat Col. I don't think you've produced a bad one yet. They just seem to get better and better.

Camo

SgBFish
18-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Col I hope you have a large wall in the office for the recognition.

Richard and Col's team that is an awesome rig.

Scott

withoutatrace
18-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Do you use bungie straps to stop them moving? I like the idea of the split in the kill tank. I have only ever noticed them full length. I am in the process of glassing in a kill tank at the moment so may steal that split idea (if that is ok). Is the back end of teh kill tank ported straight out the back? Do you have a bung in it?

Cheech

Cheech, no you don't need bungy straps for the rod holders, they hold quite well.
Not sure if Col has a patent on the kill tank! The kill tank ports to the back and has a bung.

WOAT

camsharkman
18-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice boat!! Make the most of the "new" cause it wears off pretty quick after the first few trips;D .
What part of the country will you be fishing out of.

CV

withoutatrace
18-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Nice boat!! Make the most of the "new" cause it wears off pretty quick after the first few trips;D .
What part of the country will you be fishing out of.

CV

Agree always hard to keep a boat looking as good as when you first get it.

Varied areas but mostly Northern end of the bay and offshore. Offshore Mooloolaba and regularly fish Hervey Bay region and top end of Fraser.

WOAT

GT_warrior
18-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Yer Yer OK you convinced me - I will come with you on a trip or 10 ;D ;D

Where do we hook up ????? ::)

RESPECT

8-)

crazboutfishin
18-05-2007, 09:57 PM
yes im finally home and was able to see the boat today!!! haha. dad pretty much said it all. MASSIVE THANKS. i love it. now i just gotta start painting the tinny i bought from Col during the construction purple and make a baby 'spin doctor'. haha.

Cheers Crazy