PDA

View Full Version : advice wanted on slug chuka rods

mamu
13-05-2007, 12:08 PM
g'day all, I am looking for some advice on what is the best rod to match up to my TSS4 for chucking slugs etc. I was thinking about live fibre but not to sure of length etc, what effect taper,length.action has. Too many choices and not enough product knowledge.

thanks

Matt

tully
13-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Howzit mamu, the Composite Developments (NZ) "albagraph" in a one piece 7 foot model is an old favourite for that job. Available in 2 or 3 different line ratings, can't remember, i think the albagraph 5 or 6 were the most popular. Designed as a spin rod for the kiwis to throw their ammo at albacore, and not as fragile as some full length graphite rods. I have a couple and they immediately became my favourites the first time I used them.
Google their website. Only problem now may be getting hold of one in OZ.:-/

mamu
13-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks tully< will look on their website now for poss dealers in oz. Anyone know of where those rods can be purchased in Aust?
M

grave41
17-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I just sold an albagraph 7 to a mate today but still have a 3,4,5, left .Im sorry i sold it already. I have a spare 3 blank. 4-6 kg.
Graham

DR
18-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I just sold an albagraph 7 to a mate today but still have a 3,4,5, left .Im sorry i sold it already. I have a spare 3 blank. 4-6 kg.
Graham

since they discontinued the albagraphs they worth their weight in gold, but you know that, ;) i sold my 5 & have been searching for a looong time for a replacement.:'(

good luck finding one..

mamu
26-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Graham

Graham, I'm not that familiar with the albagraph series, would the 3 do what i need it to do, also if its a blank i will need someone to build it for me as I dont have a clue on how to do that (although I would love to find out how) where are you located?
Mamu