PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Needed

Sniggy
13-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi All
Looks like I'll will be joining you all in the near future..........:o

Me & the family will be moving into the Brisbane area from the uk, I could do with a buddy to exchange emails re fishing.

I'm abit of a allrounder enjoying fly, coarse and sea fishing, so maybe alittle advice on bringing any uk gear over would help aswell...

Thanks

Steve

:D :D ;D ::)

juju
13-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Based on what ive seen on some fishing shows from over you way most of your gear could be addapted for use here.......dont forget the sunscreen...really when you think of it the basice of fishing the the same whereever you go...just need the little local bits of know how....this board will always help you with that

russ81
13-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Hows it going mate
Welcome and you have chosen wisely Brisbane is a great place to live Drop us a line when you get here im always up for a fish.
Russ

Sniggy
13-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Cheers guys.......;)

Really looking to coming over

Steve

Sniggy
22-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Still looking for someone to exchange mails with...

::) :o ::) ;D

WHALEOIL
23-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Just get posting on the board Sniggy.
Enjoy Brissy when you get there.

GazzaB
23-05-2007, 10:03 AM
:D Welcome, Welcome,;)

Don't worry you are in truly good hands!

I was in the same position and have now been living in brisbane for about 4 week and the people of ausfish really help getting to know the fishing hear and its great to have a place like this where people like to share so freely info, and what's hot and what's not!!

what suburb you moving to??

Don't worry about your gear it will transfer with out any problems, you may need to change terminal tackle slightly as there toothy critters here, and maybe line but mostly the same. I did'nt bring any gear with me and have been able to build it back up cheaply with out any problems.

Where are you in the uk?

tight lines

GazzaB
23-05-2007, 10:06 AM
oh yer forgot to say PM (private Message) me from here, or my Email is garryburrows@hotmail.com if you need any other help in any way fishing or not!

snasman
23-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Sniggy,welcome aboard,when you get setteled in Brissy post this topic again,Brisbane is a big place,theres North and South you will do better with this subject once people know what side of town you are on,put this thread in your favourites and once setteled pm(personal message) any one of us that have said it ok to and you will be sure to get some help,Also on your way over here could you please knock off the ashes and bring it back to the country that won it .cheers Snas (its ok to pm me about fishing).

therapy
25-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Gedday SNIGGY. You have chosen the best fishing site particularly for s/e QLD with this one. I'm relatively new to this sight myself and have learnt alot and laughed alot reading the reports and banter here. Welcome to OZ to you and your family.You'll love it!!!

kingtin
28-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Still looking for someone to exchange mails with...

::) :o ::) ;D

Check your pm's Sniggy................that is, if you don't mind talking to someone from Blackpool ;D

kev

shayned
28-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Plenty of bl@@dy carp here mate, how about you get your gear over here and kill a few more of the mongrels for us.

Sniggy
18-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Cheers Kev

Check your pm's

;D ;D ;D

Tailortaker
25-06-2007, 11:08 AM
G'day mate, You love it here, the fishings great and the poeple are to. (wekk I thinks we are) when you get here we could organise a little G&M so you can meet a few new freinds, I'm sure you'll find that there will be no shortage of poeple to fish with and to show you around.

Cheers Grant.

kingtin
25-06-2007, 04:21 PM
G'day mate, You love it here, the fishings great and the poeple are to. (wekk I thinks we are) when you get here we could organise a little G&M so you can meet a few new freinds, I'm sure you'll find that there will be no shortage of poeple to fish with and to show you around.

Cheers Grant.

Go easy Grant..................don't make him too welcome............he's a bloody Pom, remember? ;) ;D

kev

finga
03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Go easy Grant..................don't make him too welcome............he's a bloody Pom, remember? ;) ;D

kev
Gees your lucky your one of that mob Kev.
Anybody else would be up for saying things like that :P

A pommy M&G. Wouldn't that be different. I can just picture it. Nice sunny spring day (Can't wait for some heat. I'm freezing my gonads off :P) and people rocking up for a chinwag, some barbied (aussie for burnt) snags and steak and a quite ale or 70 and the bloody beer would be warm????? :'(
Actually that's probably a good way to meet some people and to get local knowledge...have a BBQ when you get here and settled down a tad.Anyways i wouldn't be too concerned about knowing everything about fishing before you come Sniggy. Plenty of time to learn when you get here and settled down.
I've been here for 40 odd years (since I come out mum's guts) and been fishing for about the same time in roughly the same places (about 300km in any direct from where I was born) and I still know stuff all about fishing here but I have a hell of a lot of fun trying ;D

preso
03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
:) Welcome Sniggy. Most of your gear should be ok. Even fly gear, salmon gear would be great for bay tuna etc, and I occasionally use a 4wt for flathead, bream, whitting etc. We even have trout about 4 hrs from Brisbane.(fresh water) Or as my mate calls them "Spotted mountain carp".
Once you arrive and settle I'm sure ausfish blokes will help to get aclimatised to the fishing scene. Probably the cricket as well;D