PDA

View Full Version : Brissie river concern

chief
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Just a bit concerned over the incitec company on the Brisbane river. As a lot of you know after years of dreadging and pollution the good old river has had a new lease of life and some great fishing to be had at various areas within the river and mouth. It was great to see Incitec using river water and putting it through there own desalination plant to use in its production of agricultural product but what happens to the salt . I've heard a few reports on the news but haven't heard any explanation. Maybe i've missed it , so has anyone heard what the plant does. I would hate to see huge amounts of salt dumped into a system and create a ecological disaster to a area that provides a fishable habitit for small craft and land based fishos.I would love to know if someone knows or has heard cheers:-/

fisher28
13-05-2007, 06:00 PM
this is certainly a concern,i would hate to see all the extra salty water dumped back into the river,but i fear that a massive money company like this could pretty much do as it pleases.and if the plant works out a success i wonder if all of the refineries will do the same?not good!

Royce
13-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I know a guy that knows most of the on the ground guys at Incitec, I'll see if he can find out

generally though I imagine that sort of thing would be discharged where it would have the least effect and Incitec are a pretty aware company, they sponsor local schools and to some pretty good stuff to be as green as they can

aus2045
14-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I dont think it matters, theres no fish in the river is there ?

davez104
14-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Keep fishin here, you're gonna get a bite pretty soon ;)

Dave.