PDA

View Full Version : Formosa 5.5 Centercab

gregk
12-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi all Anyone have any experience with the formosa 5.5 centercab? I have a 5 metre 4 seasons runabout that i beach launch. I like the idea of another 1/2 metreof space and centre cab ride with storage/protection. What do they handle like? what is the optimum 4 stroke moter size? What is the self draining deck arrangement?

Any info greatly appreciated
gregk

rat_catcher
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I can't help you with all of your questions, but I did look all over one of these at Qld Powerboats before they went bust and took a few pics. See attached. They were going to set this up with a 135hp Honda if that helps.

Mad-One
13-05-2007, 07:46 AM
I am buying one later this year from Coastal powerboats. If you talk to the guys in there they might be able to set you up with a ride in one. I like the centre cab idea for fish ability and it's also got shelter from the elements.

Mad

gregk
13-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Rat_Catcher better pics than the coastal powerboats website. nice looking boat. Good compromise size, fairly towable on trips and small enough to beach launch without compromising on seaworthyness. Any Owners out there want to share their experience?
gregk

Deiter
13-05-2007, 01:16 PM
from that stern shot they appear to be alittle rounded in the bilge. Do they look like this the flesh or is it just an illusion?? If they are rounded like that, i would be interested to see how stable they are at rest compared to similar boats from other makers. Round bilges are prone to a bit of rock'n roll, and i am more of a r&b fan, if you know what i mean.

Damo

rat_catcher
13-05-2007, 01:33 PM
from that stern shot they appear to be alittle rounded in the bilge. Do they look like this the flesh or is it just an illusion??

I agree the pic does make it look like that, but sorry I cannot remember if this is the way it really is or just the pic making it look like that. The extended transom that creates the step/pod is rounded on the corners and this could be partly why the deadrise looks to be convex.