PDA

View Full Version : 50hp suzuki 4 strk

Dan5
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
had a 70 was really good anyone have a 50 and hows it been?

rumy1
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
My brother was fishing by himself and wasn't paying attention when all of a sudden his reel started screaming ... he sh*#t (sh&*#@t) himself and started to try and turn this fish. It wasn't long before he realised he had left his motor going and it was getting wrapped around the prop at great knots !
He still loves his Suzuki 50 4st and never forgets to turn his motor off now !!

Dan5
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
yer that 70 i had was so quiet you could hear the transducer clickin away

craigie
14-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Very nice and yes very quiet !!

As a matter of interest, I have for sale a brand new (OCA) custom Outboard Cover to suit a 50 Zuk 4 stroke. New price is $200, will do a very good price if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Craigie.

Dan5
14-05-2007, 05:28 PM
yer mate are these covers just cowling covers or 2 piece removable leg covers also

craigie
14-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Dan,

They make them in both configurations.
From memory the full travel cover is about $350

The one I'm selling is the cowling splash cover.
Never used, still in packet. Will sell for 2/3rds of new price.
Protect your motor cowling from sinkers, stone chips and the covers look smart as well.

Cheers
Craigie.

JohnWF
14-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I have the DF40 which is basically the same engine and am very happy with it. They start first turn every time, are nice and quite, and very very good on fuel. If the engine is your only engine fitted to the boat bear in mind that the idle speed is a bit too fast for some of the freshwater lures such as flatfish (not a concern if you run an electric trolling motor or don't fish freshwater for trout).

rolucr
14-05-2007, 11:39 PM
G'day Dan

I'va got a 50 suzuki for stroke and although I've only had it a few months I am very impresed with it so far. Its extremely quiet and uses absolutely bugger all fuel. I givem em a thums up.

Roo
15-05-2007, 09:42 AM
My 2003 DF50 has 120hrs on it with nothing to report. replaced the impeller at 100hrs and it looked good enough to do another 100. easy start, smooth running, very fuel efficient, very quiet. only thing would be as JohnWF mentioned, idle speed is a little fast for trolling in the fresh. We couldn't get lower then 2.5knots. Not really a problem unless slow trolling is what your after. I'm happy with it, I get it serviced by the local Yamaha dealer and he has nothing bad to say about them except that the parts are a little dearer. He wanted to take them on but Yamaha put some serious pressure on him not to.
Before owning one I wanted a Yamaha.........now it would be a difficult choice. they are a great motor at a reasonable price.

cheers, Roo.

Dan5
15-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Sounds good fellas Ive already put the deposit on one,waiting for the new boat to turn up the 70hp i had did 4700hrs in 6 years so i had a real good run with it cant see havin any probs with a 50 they make a good product