PDA

View Full Version : avast me 'earties

Davemclean
10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
G'day guys, I am Dave, from the UK (I hate this place) and an hoping to move to Oz in a few years, I have been UK coarse fishing for 5 years, mainly on rivers and have started lure fishing aswell which I really enjoy :D my current lure tackle is a 6 foot Grauvell rod, which is ment to be light, has a hell of a lot of backbone, coupled with an okuma stinger reel load with 12lb mono

I sorta stumbled on this site by accident, and liked the look of it (a lot of the UK sites are rather stuffy dull places lol)

so, heya :)

wombie
12-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Welcome Dave

aussiefool
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM
G'day Dave and welcome aboard mate. What part of Pommie land you from as we have a few pommie ex-pats here
Aussiefool
Andrew

Davemclean
14-05-2007, 07:44 PM
lol, I got so wrapped up in reading throug the board I hadn't noticed the replies, sorry, lol

I'm from a little county called shropshire, to any commercial fisheries so I like to escape to a river where no one else fishes, lol

I apologise for my late reply, and thanks for th warm welcom :D

kingtin
18-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Well you've been here a bit now Dave, so I better welcome you. I don't normally welcome poms straight away as some of 'em don't last long...........I think they can't find the time for this site as they are tied up in cricket lessons ;D

Only kidding mate. I'm from Blackpool originally.............have been here for over 12 yrs now and haven't regretted a minute, other than missing my beloved Lake District and Scottish Highlands.

Make the move sooner, rather than later mate, and don't hesitate to pm me if you need any info. One of my older boys is in the process of migrating out here too, so I'm conversant with the current difficulties.

kev

Davemclean
18-05-2007, 07:34 PM
cheers mate, it's just getting the money together for the flight over and for shipping some of my stuff over at the moment, and I have worked out 3-5 years to have enough money to support myself and find some where to live, I have also been researching the companies that ship your stuff (forgotten what they are called), mainly be some of my fishing rods (might be able to bring them over with my luggage) and guitars, but my head starts spining after a while, lol

Spaniard_King
18-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Dave,

Think a few of my rellos are from around your way:P

Cant say I know of the life you live over their but it's hard to find a bad life over here. Kev is definately going to be a help to you.

Some of the fishing here can be very frustrating or can be hold on for ya life...lol

hope it all comes together for you.

cheers

Garry

Bundy_Bear
18-05-2007, 07:49 PM
G'day Dave and welcome aboard mate

Davemclean
18-05-2007, 08:02 PM
G'day Bundy_Bear and Spaniard_King, cheers for the warm welcome guys :D

The way of life over here is bloody expensive, lol, and all the Aussies I have met have been very friendly, much friendlier than the people here and I think it will be a better way of life :D oh, and I have said it many times, but am gonna say it one more for good luck YAY FOR DUAL NATIONALITY hahahaha

ooooo, and I just noticed I am a bronze member, lol