PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twin Fisher Wet?

Lovey80
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
The old man and I are looking at going halves in a Webster twinfisher 4.9m. We both like the size and the price but were both stuck on the style. I want the Centre Console/bassmaster version as most of our fishing is inshore/bay but the Old man is worried about a centre console being too wet in a little bit of chop and therefore wants the cuddy cab.

Can I please hear from anyone with a webster and confirm or deny wether a centre console would be any wetter than the cuddy?

Cheers Chris

DR
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
i have the 4.3 in a CC & don't find it any wetter than other boats, except in the rain. with a cuddy you have something to get out of the weather a little bit..

youngfisho
10-05-2007, 03:06 AM
have a look on the inverloch marine website. There are several videos demonstrating the boats handling the 4.9 and the 5.2m runabout. Im keen to get the 5.2 but having the necessary funding is the all important factor.

andrew

bunks
10-05-2007, 06:41 AM
g'day chris, i also am looking for a 4.9ish webie in the cuddy cub got a call from kelly from webster boats yesterday ( she knows her stuff ) what size motor are you thinking of going, im a beliver that biggest is best would rather have it and not use it than dont have and cant used it, i wanted a 90 4s but it is only rated to a 60 4s and a 90 in the 2s because of the weight of the motor, so now i am thinking of an E-Tec but the 3 delars i rang all supply yammies and wont do an e-tec, i live on the gold coast and the closest webster is in harvey bay about 3 hour drive, call kelly she will send a dvd out to you witch shows you the boat out on the water its not bad, she said the 4.9 was the most common of them all with a bimini and clears you wont get wet also keeps the sun and wind out witich is why im leaning to the cuddy ( well its the wife pushing that way she loves for fish too ) where do you live if your getting a boat soon we might be able to do a deal with the dealer and save some cash in getting 2 boats if you like give us a call 0417 606 150 cheers ben

nigelr
10-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Can't offer any direct advice as I don't own a twinny but just for your info (if you haven't seen it already) there may be a small amount of wheat to be sorted from the chaff on this link.
http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34891
Personally I would say a cuddy /runabout would be drier overall than a cc in windy,choppy conditions.
Here's a boat for sale on Ebay, if you haven't seen it - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120114806578&rd=1&rd=1
Cheers and good luck, nice boats IMO.

DR
10-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Can't offer any direct advice as I don't own a twinny but just for your info (if you haven't seen it already) there may be a small amount of wheat to be sorted from the chaff on this link.
http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34891
Personally I would say a cuddy /runabout would be drier overall than a cc in windy,choppy conditions.
Here's a boat for sale on Ebay, if you haven't seen it - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120114806578&rd=1&rd=1
Cheers and good luck, nice boats IMO.

that is a crap thread that has moved way offline from the original question..

nigelr
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
True DR, very true, but there were a couple of owners who made comments about their boats, one in paticular consider his 5.2 cuddy to be 'a dry boat'.
Would certainly agree a search on 'Websters Twinfisher' on the three major sites would have to be more productive, should have suggested that instead, with the luxury of hindsite!
Cheers.

DR
10-05-2007, 10:06 AM
True DR, very true, but there were a couple of owners who made comments about their boats, one in paticular consider his 5.2 cuddy to be 'a dry boat'.
Would certainly agree a search on 'Websters Twinfisher' on the three major sites would have to be more productive, should have suggested that instead, with the luxury of hindsite!
Cheers.

could have been a good thread until someone stuck their nose in were it wasn't required, with there usual pedantic & negative bull**it..

i like discussion of kind type, it gives a lot of info for both types of boats.

Kerry
10-05-2007, 10:27 AM
could have been a good thread until someone stuck their nose in were it wasn't required, with there usual pedantic & negative bull**it..

Yeah that's what I thought ;D wouldn't it be good if there wasn't any need to discuss some of the rather irrelvant and misleading comments ;)

Ah well if people talk crap then they should expect corrected comments 8-)

Noelm
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I guess it comes down to the simple fact, that at SOME time a centre console will be wet, can't really see away around it, unless of course you build yourself a canvas/clears 'cabin" but if it's fishing you want, go the CC if it's a bit of a compromise boat, go for a bit of cabin/dry space.

DR
10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I guess it comes down to the simple fact, that at SOME time a centre console will be wet, can't really see away around it, unless of course you build yourself a canvas/clears 'cabin" but if it's fishing you want, go the CC if it's a bit of a compromise boat, go for a bit of cabin/dry space.

i rest my case... now, where's that ignore button again..

Kerry
10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
i rest my case... now, where's that ignore button again..

Typical crap DR, your comments at totally uncalled for and has not bearing on this thread what so ever but of course you and likes have this whinging "thing" going :P

Justify your comments DR otherwise just keep your irrelvent attitude out of it and you know what their won't be any need to counter your arogrance!

DR
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Typical crap DR, your comments at totally uncalled for and has not bearing on this thread what so ever but of course you and likes have this whinging "thing" going :P

Justify your comments DR otherwise just keep your irrelvent attitude out of it and you know what their won't be any need to counter your arogrance!

interesting that you seem to think i was referring to you!! True, but interesting!!

lets see, justify my comments..
you have contributed nothing to this thread, as usual.

A reference was made to another post on another site because you got involved with irrelevant comments that know one wanted to hear, causing the whole thread to go south.

As a Webster owner i feel i can comment in this thread.

Kerry, you appear to have an extensive & helpful knowledge on electronics, why do you persist in getting involved with other threads purely in an antagonistic way?? you offer nothing to these threads but obscure questions & abuse to those that disagree with you. You then you play the old 'everyone is arrogant, & whingeing so they should stay out of it card":cry: (insert smiley playing violin here)
anyway, i won't comment any further, you just keep on playing with yourself!!

buggerit
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
A mate of mine had a 4.9 , we used to take it everywhere and anywhere , including 3 times up the Gulf , handled everything we threw at it . Inshore , outside , saltwater and fresh . But i have to say raincoats were more important than life jackets . Oh yes , it was a center consel . Still would have to say it was one of the safest small boats that i've been in . Hope this helps .

Kev

Kerry
10-05-2007, 02:29 PM
interesting that you seem to think i was referring to you!! True, but interesting!!

lets see, justify my comments..
you have contributed nothing to this thread, as usual.

A reference was made to another post on another site because you got involved with irrelevant comments that know one wanted to hear, causing the whole thread to go south.

As a Webster owner i feel i can comment in this thread.

Kerry, you appear to have an extensive & helpful knowledge on electronics, why do you persist in getting involved with other threads purely in an antagonistic way?? you offer nothing to these threads but obscure questions & abuse to those that disagree with you. You then you play the old 'everyone is arrogant, & whingeing so they should stay out of it card":cry: (insert smiley playing violin here)
anyway, i won't comment any further, you just keep on playing with yourself!!

Good then comment on the thread, the subject of the thread and it is totally irrelvant what occured in another thread but obviously you (and others) are not content with leaving things as stand-alone items. no you have to drag along your attitude at every possible opportunity. I am not the subject of this thread, had never said a word until your attitude got involved but once you start your sh$t the expect a response as it is about time the likes of this type of sh$t stopped. You are not the only one with a bloody big chip on their shoulder!

And you bettca I will make comment as I see fit and with regard that other thread once some start comparing sharkcats and twinfishers in the same context then you better know the differecne otherwise I am going to make commment and quite stright down the line and up front comment.

Unless you have complete tunnel I make no comment unless I can backup that comment and this is something you and others better start to realize and realize very quickly!

What you started above here is typical of you arogrant pricks so lets hope I have made myself clear!

Regards, Kerry.

PinHead
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Have not read the link but

LOL...I wonder who could that have been...and I wonder if the cats are holier than thou sermon was preached again.

Noelm
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
wooops, think we better stop right here, this is going the way of the other thread on another site. started off innocent then got into a sh!t fight

nigelr
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
True, Noelm, apologies to Chris and all others for innocently posting the link.
Cheers.

Lovey80
10-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Kerry mate whats going on. This is exactly what I was talking about in Russ81's thread recently. I posted this thread because I wanted to hear from Webster owners and take advice from them on a Webster Twinfisher.

The thread started off exactly as I'd hoped until you got involved. Mate in future if you have nothing directly to add to the question to which I ask in my thread can you please stay out of it all together. There was probably more helpfull material i could have gained from these people and now theyve been side tracked.

To all those that did reply on the topic I thank you and please continue to add to the thread.

Cheers Chris/

Lovey80
10-05-2007, 07:27 PM
g'day chris, i also am looking for a 4.9ish webie in the cuddy cub got a call from kelly from webster boats yesterday ( she knows her stuff ) what size motor are you thinking of going, im a beliver that biggest is best would rather have it and not use it than dont have and cant used it, i wanted a 90 4s but it is only rated to a 60 4s and a 90 in the 2s because of the weight of the motor, so now i am thinking of an E-Tec but the 3 delars i rang all supply yammies and wont do an e-tec, i live on the gold coast and the closest webster is in harvey bay about 3 hour drive, call kelly she will send a dvd out to you witch shows you the boat out on the water its not bad, she said the 4.9 was the most common of them all with a bimini and clears you wont get wet also keeps the sun and wind out witich is why im leaning to the cuddy ( well its the wife pushing that way she loves for fish too ) where do you live if your getting a boat soon we might be able to do a deal with the dealer and save some cash in getting 2 boats if you like give us a call 0417 606 150 cheers ben

Bunks, thanks for the reply. I have thought of exactly the same thing about the engines. One thing I wouldnt do is go against the manufacturers instructions. I hear Cats really dont like being over weighted in the rear. If you were to put a 90 4s on it and then flipped it you would look like a goose. One idea I had (I would check before I did it with Webster) is if i did get the CC is to remove the fuel tank at the rear and custom build the centre console as part of the fuel tank at the bottom of the console. One it would move about 65kg to the centre of the boat from the rear and I may even get a larger fuel tank out of it. It's just an idea at this stage and havent researched the viablilty of it yet.

If it was up to me I'd probably get the Yammie if i was going to buy a 4s in the 60hp range. (this isnt a que for an argument over the best engine guys).

I wont be looking to buy one for a few months yet, part of the reason is were still working on the old girl to realease the old mans half of the coin.

Cheers Chris

Lovey80
10-05-2007, 07:34 PM
[quote=DR;616887]i have the 4.3 in a CC & don't find it any wetter than other boats, except in the rain. with a cuddy you have something to get out of the weather a little bit..[/quote

DR, do you find that you get wet from the actual spray comming off the hulls as opposed to the general weather. Do you have the long seat down the back(how do they fare sitting down there with the spray) Would having the cuddy (with the possiblitly of clears) protect you from the spray better or does the hull direct it all away in the chop. As you know some boats direct the spray better than others

Cheers Chris.;D

bootyinblue
10-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah that's what I thought ;D wouldn't it be good if there wasn't any need to discuss some of the rather irrelvant and misleading comments ;)

Ah well if people talk crap then they should expect corrected comments 8-)

'WITHOUT PREJUDICE'

And then there are those, who once corrected choose another path to take!

bootyinblue
10-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Good then comment on the thread, the subject of the thread and it is totally irrelvant what occured in another thread but obviously you (and others) are not content with leaving things as stand-alone items.
Regards, Kerry.

'WITHOUT PREJUDICE'

And then there are those who feel they can comment on anything they chose regardless of what the thread title is.

Deiter
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
and then there are those who repeat themselves....;)

Lovey80
10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Booty, while your comments may or may not be on the money please don't antagonise Kerry anymore on this thread. You know he's encouragable and I dont need the thread getting anymore side tracked than it already has.

Anymore Webster Comments????

Cheers Chris

bootyinblue
10-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Yep,

Sorry will steer clear of here now. Just had to put my 'two bobs' worth in.

Good to see a group of boaters actually swapping ideas and comments about boats in the boating section. Makes for a refreshing change.....

Good luck

DR
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
[quote=DR;616887]i have the 4.3 in a CC & don't find it any wetter than other boats, except in the rain. with a cuddy you have something to get out of the weather a little bit..[/quote

DR, do you find that you get wet from the actual spray comming off the hulls as opposed to the general weather. Do you have the long seat down the back(how do they fare sitting down there with the spray) Would having the cuddy (with the possiblitly of clears) protect you from the spray better or does the hull direct it all away in the chop. As you know some boats direct the spray better than others

Cheers Chris.;D

Chris, remember mine is only a 4.3...i find it can throw a bit of water around if it's rough, but really no more than most boats. if you drop into a swell it will get you wet. i find it is at it's wettest when heading into the wind, as the wind will pick up the spray & blow it spray back at you, again most boats..
a cuddy with clears would be very comfortable. I bought a 4.3 for ease of use by myself & the CC so as to have the max room in the boat, plus i have only ever had CCs & getting a bit wet is just part of it.

still an awesome little boat , imagine it's big sister can only be that much better.

i should add, get the biggest legal motor you can afford. when i bought mine i had salesmen telling me that a 30hp was all that i required, that was the same from the Webster factory. i put a 40hp,boat is rated to 50.. 40 is perfect for most of what i do, but get a large mate & extra gear, it is still fine but occasionally leaves me wishing i had taken a 50..don't let them talk down the motor size just so they can do deal..

Lovey80
10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks DR thats exactly what im after.

Cheers Chris

Belly66
15-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Chris, I have only just read your question and would recomend that you hang out on your purchase until the Melbourne Boat Show. Inverloch Marine will have a stand there again this year with the full range of Websters and Daniel from Websters will also be there, its probably the best time to snag a deal and get the right advice especially from the bloke that makes them. Cheers Peter. P.S. Some of you blokes need to take some happy pills or just grow up.

Lovey80
20-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey Bunks you do know there is a Webbie dealer in Manly don't you?

Cheers Chris