PDA

View Full Version : What Length??

B_E_N
09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
hey all just interested to know what length rods people use for breaming/sp looking at importing a GUSA light spin stick but really unsure what size i should look for becasue i know im comfortable at useing any size from 5'6" to 7" ideas?

finga
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
What size have you been using matey??
Where are you going to be fishing from ie boat, bank, rocks etc??
My light bream rods are 6' or 6'6" for the boat.
Not saying they're for plastics because they normally end up with a stinky prawn on them. :D

DR
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
i like 7' only because it takes less effort to cast a longer distance, which also makes fishing from the shore easier as well & in the boat it is easier to work around the motor if necessary..you can get a bit more accuracy with a shorter rod, especially a baitcaster..

B_E_N
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
it will be for spin but i fish from shore and boat, i like the idea of greater castings range, but i really dont think it will be that important, ive got a 5'6" and a 7', just a hard choice when your trying to get the best gear, i do like smaller rods i must say but, i want to try maybe a longer rod with small cork grips, so its a real in the palm of you hands thing. but thias also means im after a light set up, ive found i do alot more light fishing than anything else

rockfisho
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi

I have a 7' ugly stick spin rod. it works a treat, long enough to get good casts.

rockfisho

sid_fishes
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
why dont you have a chat to 1 of the rod builders here on ausfish that will build you a gusa based rod. both myles[bearclaw] and wheezer use these blanks . cheers ian

B_E_N
11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
im going to build the rod myself, done a few in the past and this way i can get what i want outta the rod, looks and feel wise, but thanks anyway for the info ian.

jan
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm doing 2 Shikari rods for a customer and they feel great. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results of the 7' rod as I might have to get one of these for myself. They might cost a few dollars but are worth it.
Cheers, Jan.