PDA

View Full Version : Extra lane for Deepwater bend ramp

juju
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I see the council is going to put in a extra lane at the Deepwater bend ramp in June/july this year....they should have done it like that in the first place..that one now is a bit skinny...the angle is good, but it is a bit exposed to the wind......the big problem remains the carpark....being a local i hear alot of stories about how its not a place to leave your car......

Luc
08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
That's great.:D

Given how busy/popular that ramp is, 2 more lanes would be better, more parking, better lighting, security cameras.

When the ramp was first built, it should have been recessed a further 15 to 20 feet into the bank to give shelter from wind and tidal flow towards the bottom of the tides.

One day when building boat ramps, "they" will consult 'real' boaties.::)

Luc

russ81
08-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Am i hearing correctly the powers that be have actually taken notice
its about time maybe ive spoken to soon i might wait until its built

bushbeachboy
09-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Showing my ignorance again, but where is Deepwater Bend?

Wherever it is, an improvement to a ramp is always most welcome.

juju
09-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Deepwater Bend....in the Pine River at Bald Hills

Dezzer
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Does that mean a 2hr weekend retrieval will only be 1 after July.
You wonder why this wasn't done during the pontoon upgrade. It will definitely be for the better. As for the car park, if you judge your vehicles security by the amount of window glass lying on the ground, it's a shocker! So far so good for me though.

Feral
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Typical, new ramps should go in in or around February when we have the big tides. (To get it as far into the water as possible!) Was involved in building one a few years ago in th logan, mid february, two gun crews and 50MPa quickset mix, starting laying when tide was halfway out and followed it down, laid last 10 foot under water.

juju
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
One day down there somelittle darlings that were too young to be charged, were caught using the winch's on trailers to pull mirrors, door handles ,grills off the cars in the car park, also heard how one nite there a car was broken into ,put out of gear and pushed down the ramp.........>:(

shayned
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Always thought it would be a good way for a couple enterprising young blokes to make a quid by offering to keep an eye on your car and trailer until you get back for the price of a fiver. It would beat nicking things to get some spending money.

kingtin
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I never leave the trailer there. Deckie puts me in, then buggers off home with the trailer...........omes and picks me up when I'm ready...................Jeeeeeeeeez, I have the life of Riley don't I? ;D

When she wants to come with me, we launch at the secluded ramp at Bald Hills. Still a bit of a risk, but not as big a one as DWB.

kev