PDA

View Full Version : Common sense or soft brains

Dono
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
:-/ Only directed at the few brains that persist in making bot bots of themselves on the water.
Out on the bay on Sunday having a great time (check out Swano in Estuary) only for four drips who think their the only boats on the water!
I mean (piture this) you've got a couple of Kayaks floating around enjoying the calm still air and some great bites, a few boats (including us) either anchored up with a little burley running or like us standing up throwing a few plastics about.
Great!!! Well it was until a couple of (LOOK AT ME) so called fisherman decided that they would either come flat out into the area and hit the anchors, or finish fishing in their spot and gun their boat to go to another.
Don't you love the way people think about every body else as well.

Why disrupt every bodys fishing and relaxation and waste fuel at the same time!
Get into them guys, bit of luck they might think twice before doing 25 knots 50 yards of the bow.

YOU DON'T NEED A LONG NECK TO BE A GOOSE "THINK A BIT?????" >:(

Mike_W
07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
There was plenty of them out on weekend. Was fishing at Seaworld Hole when a Fourwinns comes in over our 4 lines and parks on the shore and picks people up, then turns and guns it away. The old bird on the front on the boat just looked at me the whole time like I was invading her space.

Things like this give you more urge to find your own secret spot.

Obi _ Wan
07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Just got to agree with you Dono, some of those idiots should be handcuffed to apes. No bloody brains or any thought for anyone else on the water.
Must admit that in recent years i have mellowed a fair bit as in years gone by i would chase and challenge those mindless oxygen thieves, now if i find some one in the area i wanted to fish i just move on and find somewhere else to fish. Most of the time you seem to manage a bit of time before one of those idiots that can't find a spot themselves comes along and another etc.
I was out in that general area on Sunday also, didn't see the Blue Wheelie Bin, (Tell Swano the door man says G'Day), we also managed some nice snaps,1 @ 57cm, 2 @ 50cm, 1 @ 37cm, plus a number of small fish and a 76cm spottie and a couple of schoolies, in all a great day.
You read a lot on this site about fishing with plastics, some good some bad, i have been a frangerchucka now for a few years and i admit it took a while for it to work for me, but now i would back myself to catch more fish on plastic than bait and you don't have to keep it cold.
Congratulations on your fish mate, you never know we may run into each other out there one day.
Cheers,
Obi_Wan

BR65
07-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry to say it Donno, but welcome to fishing Scarbie.
To many bone heads looking for an easy spot to fish up that way for me, I tend to stay down around Margate, Woody Point way.
Mightnt get as many fish, but its a lot quieter.
Very nice squire to mate, well done with the softies.

cheers
Brian

Dono
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
No worrys Phill, done well;) gotcha.

russ81
07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I decided to stay off the water this weekend for that fact. after the easter long weekend having to wait 1 1/2 hrs to retrieve, i have decided to hit the waters in quieter times.

juju
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I decided to stay hoem and do some yard work and stuff avoid the 50 gazzilion boats and go out thursday....looks like being 20 knts SE...yeah that would be right...:(

Luc
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Flex days = midweek sessions = no D... Heads.;D

Luc

bushbeachboy
08-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey Dono,
Know the feeling mate, even up here in NQ. Went for a fish on the Haughton on Saturday, the place was like central station. That was ok, it's a fair sized river, plenty of fishing spots, but everywhere we went we would suddenly have boats all over us. I guess the downside of owning a bright yellow poly instead of an unpainted dog food dish is that everyone thinks you know good spots. Hehe. Fools. It's me who hopes they know the good spots.;D

Reef_fisher
08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
JuJu and loc, I also go out any day other than the weekend or public hols. Had some d...heads come screaming into harbour one day and push in front of everyone waiting at ramp to load, what can you do when they are fisheries officers!!!!!

insideout
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Dont get me started!!,a ratio i have personally lived by in life 1:4/ for every 1 good person, the others are not so good people.