PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher

bunks
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
looking at a webster twinfisher 4.3 m with a 60 honda as a donk, just what to hear if any one has or been in one mainly for fishing out of tweed and the sea way to the 36s and maybe beond on a good day any one with any info good or bad let me know......

webster
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
hi.
i have a 4.6m webster runabout.
its a great stable boat.
i have a 70 hp tohatsu which pushes it out of the water pretty good,
i cant help you out on the 4.3.
ill tell you what i think of the boat.
the best for chop on the water and small swell.
larger swell which it will still eat up and be stable but a slower trip as the bow is obviously more bull nosed.
i fish around wollongong outside,theres never been a day too bigger swell for me or bad weather,you may just get a little wet with a couple going over the top if you dig in.

every time i get in the open ocen with my boat i feel safe and can have everyone on one side of the boat and it dont move much.

it is great in lake and estuary systems as well and has seen some shallow water.
including low tide at the creek entrence at south west rocks.when the good old bloke on the scoop with the crane having been broke down.

4.3 would be probably more suited for some inshore boating and not rough conditions outside.

but i have seen some absolute idiots out wide in a tinny with some good 2-3m plus swell.
im sure it would handle a lot.

we went to the boat show a few years ago to see what i can get.
the 4.6 runabout has more fishing room (as a runabout model)
then any other boat up to a 5.2metre.
there should be some boat shows coming up maybe in your area.
try and check the boat out and see if its the style you want and not a centre console ,bow rider etc.
just check style of webster dont worry about it being stable or not coz. you will probably be laughed at.

jamie

nigelr
08-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately can't offer any info, thought I'd post this link of a 4.9 currently for sale on Ebay, in case you haven't sen it and it is any use.
Cheers.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120114806578&rd=1&rd=1