PDA

View Full Version : My New Boat

Pirate_Pete_Tas
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi All

Here are some pics of my new Polycraft Warrior 5.3 Cuddy Cab with a 115 Johnson oil inject 2 stroke.

In the Dealers Yard

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Pete.jpg

In our Back Yard

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Backyard.jpg

At the ramp

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Ramp.jpg

In the Water

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Firsttime.jpg

Cate at the Wheel (notice the wet hair, I wasnt allowed to go any further out to sea & had to turn round & go up river)

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Driver.jpg

Relaxing

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pldutton/images/Relax.jpg

juju
06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Might be an idea to get some clears...dry hair then......i went within a inch of getting a poly...then decided to go with the trailcraft..nice feeling isent it...new toy and getting her out on the water:D :D :D :D

russ81
06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Mate what can i say im jealous

ozbee
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
if you park it outside and it rains can you get government tank rebate? just kidding enjoy your boat have you blooded it with first fish yet .

Roo
07-05-2007, 09:51 AM
sweet ride pete. I'd be getting those clears real soon, I'm sure it's not real warm down there now!!

cheers, roo.

SgBFish
07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Pete she looks a beut.
Have fun. Great to see that inflatable PFD1 in use. Must get some myself.
Scott

Relaxed
07-05-2007, 10:53 AM
G'Day Pete,

What a great rig, I was checking them out at Agfest last Thursday they are a fantastic boat.

I will keep my eye out for you on the water, looks like you use the Port Sorell ramp. It's good to see some of our fees being used in our area.

Cheers Andy. :thumbsup:

themissus
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Very Nice!!:) :) Go the Poly!!:) :)
Cheers Kim.

scoocer101
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Nice... looks like it sits very snug on the trailor, looks good on the water as well.

boatboy50
07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Pete,

Nice work. Thought about the cuddy 50/50, went for the bowrider.

Dont regret it.

Couple of things. After second outing, check and tighten all seat bolts. I will guarantee they will be coming loose.

Buy some clears, I did, and it makes it so much more enjoyable, even in outside slop.

Make sure trailer is properly set up. I got mine from the factory and had to re-adjust it, so don't trust the dealer got it right. Otherwise your boat will slightly warp. All the weight should be on the keel runners, not the side slides.

Regards

Darren

nigelr
07-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Great pics Pete, plenty of fun times ahead for you both!
Cheers!

boatboy50
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Picture almost set up

disorderly
07-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Have to agree.The sooner you can get the clears the better.Front and sides and you basically have a half cab.
So much more comfy for you and the family=more time on the water.
I think you will have a ton of fun in the new beast mate ,enjoy.

cheers Scott

Pirate_Pete_Tas
07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
G'Day Pete,

What a great rig, I was checking them out at Agfest last Thursday they are a fantastic boat.

I will keep my eye out for you on the water, looks like you use the Port Sorell ramp. It's good to see some of our fees being used in our area.

Cheers Andy. :thumbsup:

Hi Andy

So You are from Tassie.

I will be mainly using the Port Sorell ramp. I was worried about the current there but the boat seems to handle it OK. Mind you some of the joiners are breaking

fez
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Pete,

have exactly the same boat (only Blue trim) get the front and side clears then nothing will stop you.

How did you go driving on/off? I found a quick spray of inox on the side slides made it easier, (ramp angle not that great), can't fault the boat, tough and indestructable.

Enjoy it.

Cheers,
Fez.

fez
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Pete,

All you need now are the Ausfish Stickers!!!!!!! go nicely below the aerial.

Fez

Pirate_Pete_Tas
07-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi Fez

So far I have only driven off & on twice & have only had to wind the handle 2 or 3 turns. :D

Do U have any pics on how you have set up your rig

richyrich
08-05-2007, 12:04 AM
good on ya mate, you guys look as happy as pigs in pooh

fez
08-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Pete,

Photos of anthing in particular?? I basically left the layout as is, had the bait tank plumbed, drop in (rod holders) Baitboard (need to replace the crap plastic ones with the stainless jobs), Bimini (sunbrella), front & side clears, epirb mounted under throttle, fire extingisher mounted next to passenger chair, Duel batteries.

There are things that I would have done differently, like the rod holders that are mounted too close the the back side rails (but I suspect that is a polycraft standard as yours seem to be in the same place), did you get the infill for the cabin? I don't carry mine unless I know I am going to use it as it just gets in the way. I am getting my trailer mud guards rewelded today they were broken in transport and were held up by zip ties, the dealer was aware of this and is fixing in the first service today.

I did check the bolts on my seat after the first couple of trips but they weren't comming loose, the dealer did mention that this seemed to be a problem so I think that because they were aware of it they dealt with it so I don't have to.

If there is anything else you need or want photos of give me a shout and I can take photos when I pick it up from it's service.

Cheers,
Fez

ozscott
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
nice rig mate - I reckon they would be nice and bouyant and quiet. What does the hull itself weigh? Cheers

Relaxed
08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi Pete

Yep I'm from Devonport, I think we have talked before when you were looking at getting a Poly.

I have a bright Yellow 4.55 Frontruner, I havn't been on the site for a while, I was in Hobart for 8 months training for a new job. :policeman:

I should have more time off now to go fishing, finding them is the hardest part around our area though.

Good luck with the new boat, see you out there.

Cheers Andy :)

Pirate_Pete_Tas
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
nice rig mate - I reckon they would be nice and bouyant and quiet. What does the hull itself weigh? Cheers

hi ozscott

The hull weights 780Kgs according to the book. A mate of mine has a weigh bridge so as soon as I can I will weigh it to get a total weight of the BMT package

Pirate_Pete_Tas
08-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Andy

Yes now that I think of it yes we have chatted here before. I hope to go out with Sgt Flude this Friday if the weather is fine. If you are off have a chat with him & you could come to if you want.

ozscott
08-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Pete - that is a good weight for that length boat. Shows that they are putting plenty of guts into the build!!