PDA

View Full Version : Hinze Dam for Mothers Day

wow
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Thinking of taking the family up to Hinze Dam for Mothers Day and I was hoping someone can give me some ideas on where the best place is to set up for a picnic and a spot of shore based line wetting.

I realise a permit is necessary and can be purchased at the ranger's office. Just a little concerned about shade water toilets etc?

Would appreciate any assistance to placate the wife ;D

Cheers WOW 8-)

cammo79
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
there is a great picnic area near the rangers office with bbqs, toilets and shady covered tables etc, all round this area is good for fishing for bass, yellowbelly and silver perch wether it be soaking bait of lure fishing. its agreat place on the gold coast that seems not to draw to much attention.

Hope this helps
Cam

Feral
07-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah great picnic grounds on eastern side of the dam. Wood fired BBQ's from memory, wood supplied. Western side no real facilites at all.

Good quality toilets, one set just over the wall, on right, then another set on left about half way through the picnic ground. Good set of swings for the kids just before second set of toilets on the right. Heeaps of shade, some roofed eating areas as well.

Dodge41
08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
From the east picnic area walk along the road to left and there is a walking track starting behind a vehicle gate which takes you around the dam edges along the eastern arm with gaps here and there to the waters edge

martman777
09-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Went there last weekend tried a few spotts off the bank no fish tho . There was a few other people around but they seemed to do no good either . We used grubs out of the garden the ranger said they where ok and that you can anything native that you can collect out of your yard worms grasshoppers ect