PDA

View Full Version : allycraft owners query

abbot_86
06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
hey fellas , bought a 94' modelallycraft 5.0 m centre console at chrissy , been putting it to some pretty good use lately, a problam im having is that it is really unstable at rest, i go fishing outside with a mate and whilst anchored if we both go onto the same side it is quite uncomfortable and unbalanced, is this just my boat or is it a common thing with allycrafts? and also can you do anything to dampen this problam? cheers abbot

FNQCairns
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
G'Day abbot, your boat is of the breed before wide body's took off, not much you can do about it they just don't have the width for length to add buoyancy and cantilever to be 2 person on one side boat a lot of the time.

Not all bad though your boat has a far superior rough water ride compared to all other modern wide body's of the same length, lot's better! it's a trade.

cheers fnq

abbot_86
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM
thanx FNQ , i did go out a few weeks back in some rogher weather and the boat did handle the contions on the way out pretty well i felt, but when we anchored up it was a different story. cheers mate