PDA

View Full Version : Another Ghost Ship

Oldsalt
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Gidday Fellas

I am after a bit of help from fellow ausfishers. I am a member of the NSW Water Police and on Saturday 28/4/07 we located a tinnie 5nm due east of Long Reef (Sydney) floating bow up. The vessel was towed back to Broken Bay Water Police and on inspection t was found that a small section of the boom arm of the davit and the block and tackle were still attached to the vessel. The vessel had a Queensland rego and Queensland Water Police were contacted. They in turn got back to us and said that they traced the owner from the rego supplied and he said he sold the vessel to a bloke from Tweed Heads who was going to travel around Australia. He could'nt supply a name or address of the bloke. It would appear that the tinnie may have come off the vessel in bad weather with the owner not finding out to much later.

If anybody knows anything about this could they contact me at Sydney Water Police Ph 02 93297499 or reply to this and I will get in contact with you.

Cheers

Tom Bradley Senior Constable

Marlin_Mike
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Ausfish members are far and wide...i am sure they can help if possible

Mike

bootyinblue
04-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Good to see a fellow Cop using a bit of lateral thinking in his investigations.

Cant help you at all though, I am Policing about as far away from the water as you can get!

Keep up the good work though,

Greg

Grand_Marlin
04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree, we would help wherever possible....

SC Bradley, can you give the vessels name?

With the amount of Ausfish members around Australia, someone may well know the whereabouts of the Mothership.

I have to wonder though ... Is Senior Constable Bradley really just after some good fishing locations off Ausfish ;D ;D

Cheers

Pete

breamnut
04-05-2007, 08:04 PM
i live in the tweed and havent herd anything.
i will keep a look out though

msagro
04-05-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah i am also a tweed resident and know my way around teh wharves so pm me if ya need help

reelchippy
05-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Good for you oldsalt good thinking

Oldsalt
06-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Grand Marlin

I am not looking for fishing locations the boss wouldl'nt like it if he thought I was fishing. There were no markings on the tinnie other than the original QLD rego. I know it is not much to go on but I thought it was worth a shot. The tinnie was clean ( no barnacles) so it had not been in the water very long. Just trying to reunite some poor bugger with his tinnie and trying ti save his hard earned cash, as we all no these things are not cheap.

Cheers

Tom

bootyinblue
06-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Tom,

Have you spoke with QLD Water Police and had them check all the systems, even the new one that we must all embrace and support..... QPRIME!!

If you PM me the details of the rego I will make some more checks and let you know outcome.