PDA

View Full Version : Boat Registration in QLD?

Lobster48
04-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Hi all,

I am moving from Darwin down to the Gold Coast at the end of the year and will need to get my boat registered. In Darwin we do not require registration (or a license for that matter) so have not gone through the process.

Am just wondering who you see to get a boat registered, what the basic requirements are and what the cost is?

Cheers

Lobster

marco
04-05-2007, 03:37 AM
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Boats/

everything you need is in here

seatime
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Lobster48, you'll also need a boat licence.
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Licensing/Recreational

Poodroo
04-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I just registered my boat and trailer recently (last week) and they will ask for proof of purchase, boat dimensions, engine serial number etc. I wasn't that well prepared (having never had a boat before)but managed to get through it okay in the end. It cost me $63.95 to register the boat for a year, $35.85 for my licence, and from memory $100 for trailer registration(this was charged by the boat dealer and I think they put extra on). I think that there will be a chance that you will have to do a Boat Licencing course as well which is another $150.00 because the correct proceedure is to complete the course and test which is almost a full day and they then issue you with a certificate of competency to take back with you to the Qld. Dept.of Transport who will issue you with your licence. Good luck!

Poodroo

_Dan_
04-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Poodros right, although you dont need proof of purchase unless you are transfering the registration.

You also need to fill in the trailer self asessment form, which i would suggest going in and getting and then measuring up at home. I had to for the second time guess all the demensions and measurements.

If you want to get your boat license and dont want to sit through the whole day of boring stuff, ring them and ask for the writtent test to be sent out to you and then just do the water test. Thats what i did and all the other boys werent happy when i turned up jumped in the boat and went home... ahaha

Cheers

Dan

Lobster48
05-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Cheers Guys,

Already have the license from a few years ago but just need the rego. All info sounds like no probs as boat was made in Brissy (Joshua Boats) in 2006.

Cheers

Lobster