PDA

View Full Version : need advise on a boat

darryl13
03-05-2007, 07:49 AM
i am wanting to buy a new boat for fishing soft plastics my budget is $9000.00

all it really requires is a 30 hp and front and rear casting platforms and must be 3.9m min (4.2m would be perfect). does anyone know were the best place to go for the best deal is or what does everyone recommend
i do alot of creek,river, dam but would like something to handle a bit of chop as i would like to go out in moreton bay to green island etc.
please help i am brisbane based but will travel for a great deal

darryn

BGG
03-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Darryn
For $9K you can set up a 4.1 Polycraft with an electric start 30HP and be on the water. I did last September and it's an absolutely great little boat. PM me if you want more info.

bushbeachboy
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Darryn,
I too am a happy Polycraft owner, a 4.1m punt (Challenger). They come fitted with ss rails, anchor well, casting decks, storage as standard. You will get into a tiller steer boat for about your budget, but not a side or centre console.

In the tiller model, 40hp is the max. I have a 30 Tohatsu 2 stroke that is quite good on the boat, but am upgrading to a 40. If you decide to get a 30, make sure it is propped correctly, not more than 11p prop. The standard 9.9 x 13 is too big for it.

The poly hull is heavy for its size, 265kg hull only. This contributes to its great ride and stability. You can just pound it into half-metre chop at full throttle and the ride is better than you'd think. Much better in those conditions than any of the vee hulled tinnies I've had.

Food for thought anyway. Have a look at www.polyboatowners.com (http://www.polyboatowners.com) It's a small Aussie site but a friendly crew, much like Ausfish, who will answer any of your questions.

Cheers
Craig

stuartym
03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Darryn,
If your happy with Stacer you could have a look at the Stacer 429 Nomad

Stuart