PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Escape

Sheehan
03-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Anyone out there had any experience with the Freedom Escape fibreglass boats.
They are made at Noosa. They seem for very cheap. But are they nasty?

Grand_Marlin
03-05-2007, 06:52 AM
G'day Sheehan,

They are a good, honest boat.

The same with any boat though ... test drive it before you buy.

Cheers

Pete

fly_1
03-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Give mirage a yell !! ( or pm) as he has one and uses it alot.

mirage
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Stop wasting time on the internet and do some work fly-1!!

Sheehan, I have a Freedom Seasport which is a bit bigger than the Escape. As Grand Marlin says they are a good honest boat and probably very good value for your first boat. They are not finished inside to the same standard as the Haines, Signature or Cruise Craft and for the same size boat I think they are a lot lighter than the other top shelf boats wich makes the ride a bit harsher and noisier. This is why they are cheaper. Having said this though all the stainless steel and fittings seem of a good quality. I take mine offshore fishing all the time out of Moolooaba and have had no major dramas.

As a first boat I reckon the Escape is probably a good choice for the money. After 6months when you work out whats going on you`ll want a bigger boat anyway so I wouldn`t go overboard on your first boat!

I hope this helps.

Scott.

striking
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I hope they are OK because mine is due in a few weeks..
Already running late.. I have not had a chance to test drive one yet though.
But I will ensure I test drive it before I hand over my cash...once they have your money there is not much incentive for them to fix anything..

Once they have your deposit there is not much incentive to contact you again until the boat is in the yard.