PDA

View Full Version : Cox Craft Coastal 480 Centre Console

Croz
02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

Sydney sider here, I took a week off over easter with the girl and headed to gold coast with the intention of finding an interesting boat (keenly disguised as a holiday!)

I came across the Cox Craft Coastal 480 in the pic below and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this hull. It was pretty close to the specs I want as an inshore/estuary and offshore (on the right days) vessel.

The one in the pic has in floor fuel and a few extras like Targa, but overall I am interested to hear of anyone that has had experience with the hull itself or the maker. Its just a long way to go to buy a boat and any local knowledge would be of great assistance.

Cheers and thanks for any help,

Andrew.

krazyfisher
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I have had a coxcraft reefrunner for 18mth now 18mths old and have been very happy with the boat and the finish.

Croz
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Great to hear Krazyfisher. Cox Craft do have a good rep for quality.

I am hoping someone might have the same hull?

AusSpin
09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Croz, am after much the same boat as yourself.
I visited Coastal boats at Miami also later last month.
Climbed all over the Cox Craft 480 C.C. and really liked it. Only down sides: no underfloor tank (can be fitted but very expensive option) and if after a live bait tank the back ones are too small.
Am looking also at a Galeforce 480 which is very close in size and almost identical lines in hull. I haven't been for a run in either but want to upgrade from my 4.8 tinnie.
Give me a pm if you want to know more. I've got some on water pics of the same blue boat on your post.
Regards Graeme