PDA

View Full Version : Next Marine Radio Course Sat 16th June

subzero
29-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi all, just to let you know when the next Marine Radio Course and test is on.

It will be on:
Date: Saturday 16th June (The weekend of the 9th is a long weekend so I moved it back a week on the anticipated date)

Venue:
My home at 71 Chatswood Road, Daisy Hill, Qld 4127

Start time:
8.30am, finishes at approx 5pm. (This includes the time taken to sit for your Certificate/License)

Costs:
Handbook $30 (This is optional)
Office of Maritime Communications Test Fee $48.20.
(I don’t have small change; unless you are paying the O.M.C direct for this fee or have the correct money then it will be increased to $50-00 for my convenience)

Course Fee: $20. This covers the expense of the Tea/Coffee/Milo, Biscuits etc as well as the replacement of the bulb in the overhead projector and any other incidentals. (Lunch is not provided but there are shops less than 3 minutes away).

This course fee is waived if you are either an active member of VMR Victoria Point or a member of VMR Victoria Points Waterside Assist Club. (It is not waived if you are a member somewhere else).

For those whom may wish to join our Waterside Assist program go to http://www.vmr.org.au/watersideassist.html

You can join and pay online saving the cost of the course fee and gain other valuable services.

All up the total cost without purchasing the Marine Radio Operators Handbook will be $70, ($68.20 if you have the correct money).

The cost with purchasing the Marine Radio Operators Handbook will be $100. ($98.20 if you have the correct money).

There is no longer 2 separate multi-choice sections. The OMC/ACMA still require that a minimum of 70% be attained in either test to receive your license/certificate.
For the Restricted MROVCP there are now only 25 multi-choice questions. (Previously there were 30)
For the UN-Restricted MROCP there are still 50 multi-choice questions.

What I need to know from you is:

Who you are?

Which test you wish to sit, either the restricted to VHF only MROVCP or the unrestricted MROCP? (MROCP includes MF/HF Radio and is more for the commercial operator OR the person intending to join a Rescue Group as a volunteer at some time).

On the day YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE ME TO KEEP, a passport sized photo of you that I can then send away to the O.M.C with your completed test papers. (Assuming you pass, the photo will be scanned on to your lifetime Certificate/License)

Wether or not you wish to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook?

Wether or not you are one of our Waterside Assist or Active Members and are therefore not required to pay the $20 course fee?

Payment does not have to be made until the day, cash payment is preferred but you may also pay by cheque.

If you wish to pay prior to the day you can do so by using PayPal through our website and selecting the Services Rendered icon. http://www.vmr.org.au/payments.html

I will receive auto notification of any payment received but if the Credit Card name differs from the attendees name you will need to email me to let me know whom and what the payment was made for.

Kind Regards
Lloyd

My email address
lloyd
@vmr.
org.au

I have split my email address over 3 lines so the web spiders dont pick up my email address. (Just join it all together to email me with your details)

Marlin_Mike
03-05-2007, 05:21 AM
a little ^BUMP^ for it

Mike

subzero
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks Mike :-)

Chris Ryan
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll be in touch in the coming weeks as I start a new job and not sure about the money side of things but would love to do the course sometime. Might have to pass this one and get the next. I'll let you know.

Puff

Black_Rat
23-05-2007, 06:47 PM
BUMP !

Great course to do ;)

russ81
23-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hows it going mate i have sent you an email and a Pm with my details for the course thanks heaps
Russ

subzero
26-05-2007, 06:16 AM
;D
I see my "Publicity Department" has been hard at work
Thanks Damo, much appreciated as usual :D

This course is almost full, to avoid dissapointment, now is the time to book if you are considering it otherwise you might miss out and have to wait for the next one.

Cheers Lloyd

subzero
04-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I will be ordering in the test papers tomorrow (Tues 5th). Their are 2 spots left on the course/test, contact me urgently if anybody wants them.
Cheers Lloyd

wags on the water
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
This course is well worth doing.

Wags

Black_Rat
08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
;D
I see my "Publicity Department" has been hard at work
Thanks Damo, much appreciated as usual :D

This course is almost full, to avoid dissapointment, now is the time to book if you are considering it otherwise you might miss out and have to wait for the next one.

Cheers Lloyd

Lloyed no publicity needed mate ! ;)

You run a tight ship & anyone that takes the time to listen is time well spent !

subzero
15-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Just a reminder the course is on in the morning. Saturday 8.30am

If it is a bit cold, make sure you dress appropriately as it is held in my covered in entertainment area outside. The course etc is extremely informal, wear your dirty old fishing jacket if you like, hopefully it wont stink though ;D

See you all tomorrow.

Kind Regards
Lloyd

subzero
16-06-2007, 07:16 AM
The course is on today

subzero
22-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi all, congratulations to you all, I THINK!

I did have 2 people that did not quite get over the line unfortunately but I am fairly certain that neither are Ausfish members. (I know for certain one isnt an Ausfisher).

The other 19 people passed, with 11 scoring over 90%, and 17 scoring over 80%.

If you did not get your Lisence in the post today, email or pm me and I will give you your results. REMEMBER, I might get my mail dellivered in my area before you do so dont panic if you didnt get it today, like I said I am fairly confident that all Ausfishers passed :)

Cheers Lloyd