PDA

View Full Version : Loading Slow

kingtin
29-04-2007, 11:05 AM
The threads have been loading slow for a couple of days now........... slower than dial-up but main page seems to load ok

I notice that when it's hanging it is transferring data from the google ads page. Is this a google fault or is it the fault of firefox as it seemed top happen almost immediately after a firefox update. Firefox normally loads faster than IE.

kev

Ausfish
29-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Seems to be loading the same for me. A bit slower at peak times every now and then but other wise fine.

I am running
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

What version are you on?

kingtin
29-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Seems to be loading the same for me. A bit slower at peak times every now and then but other wise fine.

I am running
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

What version are you on?

I'm on the same as you Steve. If I make a reply, it loads as normal and then hangs when it should be showing my reply in the thread. It also hangs on someone else's new response...........IOW, it only appears to hang on what hasn't previously been accessed.

I'll run adaware and spy bot

kev

kingtin
29-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Its hanging when it's showing "pagead2googlesyndication"

kev

kingtin
30-04-2007, 02:02 PM
OK, have run my spyware progs and it's still hanging.

I've watched Firefox and it and it's loading the thread then hanging each time it gets to the 1st "sponsored link" banner. It then loads the other replies and hangs at the last sponsored link banner (the bottom of the page). If it's a short thread and there's no banner, then it loads immediately. If a full page then it hangs at the first banner, then loads to the 2nd banner, then hangs again. The 2nd banner takes longer to load than the 1st. Is this happening to anyone else? If not, then it must be something running (or not) on my computer.

IE is even worse, it doesn't load the page at all for ages so I'm assuming that too is hanging at the banners but as there is no display until the whole page is downloaded, I cannot be sure. IOW, it isn't loading the page from the top down as firefox is doing, it's just hanging then showing the whole page in an instant. It's got me stumped.

kev

gawby
12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I am on dial up connection at 28 mb and i am having all sorts of problems opening threads up. It can take up to 3 - 5 minutes at times to get a page to open.
I didn't seem to have this problem on the old format system.
I wounder if anyone else is having the same problem.
Graeme

nigelr
13-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Greame - also on dial-up, having similar problems.
Very slow to load, freezes almost constantly after one or two pages, is slowing down other sites considerably, have lost several posts due to freezing.
It really is getting very difficult, I would hate to have to lose the use of the site as I am quite fond of it......................
Cheers, hoping it can be fixed, and hoping I can lodge this post................

kingtin
13-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I had 3 days of it and did nothing to correct it, that I know of, as I wouldn't know where to start. Then it just came right on it's own.

I spent a fair time observing what was happening and it was definitely the advertising banners that it was locking up on. Alls good now though.

kev

gawby
13-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Kev, i would hate to be hanging by the neck waiting.
Like Nigelr said, i like the site and wouldn't want to loose the use of it.
Graeme

maztez
13-05-2007, 02:25 PM
This is my 6th attempt to post a reply on this problem .I thought it was me however Im not having this problem with any other site .
cheers Terry