PDA

View Full Version : brooker safari

mamu
28-04-2007, 10:35 AM
g'day all,
I am new to this forum and I think it is a fantastic idea that anyone can bounce ideas of the general boating public without having to put up with the usual bullshit that comes with asking dealers for info>
The question i have is has anyone had any issues with cavatation on a brooker safari.
I have recently purchesed a second hand one in perfect nick after 2 months of research and countless hours of scouring the net,ebay and dealers yards.
any current,previous owners input would be helpful. It came with the cv 40 which was not the motor of my choice (but the price reflected that) No prob with yamaha but the 2 cyl cv sounds like it has a chicken stuffed down both carbs> when I did the water test, on tight turns it cavatated badly, the motor appeared to be trimmed down enough.
The previous owner said he was running it at 20 to 1 which is way too rich for my liking. is ther any de-restricting that can be done to squeeze any more pony's out without risking damage. Im not 100 % sure that the prev owner really was running that high ratio as he pointed to the oil bottle at around 250 mls for one standard yamaha 24 ltr tank wich is arond the recomended 100 to1.
overall i am very happy with the boat for the price, just getting some more zing from the ding-ding is what i am after.
any help would be gratefull.
mamu.