PDA

View Full Version : Gosford Mongrels

Fishslayer
27-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Stolen from my front verandah on Anzac Day - 8 HP Suzuki long shaft 1995 model grey in colour. Bought it a few months ago and haven't even had it in the water. Rotten mongrels did it at lunchtime while i was out for a couple of hours. The part that really sux is the insurance company will only cover it as " machinery" up to a max of $500 - BUT ... and yes you guessed it.. my excess is $500. .. so i am now without a motor till i can afford another. I hope it blows up on them in heavy seas.. >:( >:( >:(

atlantic_salmon
28-04-2007, 07:16 PM
hey mate, sorry to hear about your loss, what boat was it off, being a long shaft...

Big_unit
04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Thats bloody pathetic and on ANZAC day too.

whatscracken
04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
You'd like to think someone would have seen them in the act being in the middle of the day. Karma will catch up with the mongrels

Spaniard_King
04-05-2007, 09:18 PM
B@stards hey, at times you would think insurance comapnies are on the crooks side

Garry

Fishslayer
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks fellas, and yeah being the middle of the day, and considering i live on top of a roundabout next to one of the busiest roads, someone woulda thought it a little strange seeing someone carrying an outboard down the street :o .
I reckon there was only one person cause the petrol tank was next to it and not taken.
I went to the pawnshop and told them to keep an eye out but i reckon it went that night at one of the pubs for a couple a hundred.>:(
I am doing up an old 36 foot trimaran and the outboard was to go on the back of it thats why it was a longshaft. Needless to say in am now looking for another longshaft motor 8 to about 15 horse if anyone has one sitting around. :-/

When i saw the story on the telly about that 86 year old digger getting robbed and having his war medals taken i felt so bad for him. At least i can replace a friggin motor. Poor old bugga. I hope they rot in hell.

pqzm
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
A lot of people dont like to get involved for some reason and worried about embarassing themselves making a fuss. They might have thought it was your friend's over borrowing your motor.

reelchippy
20-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Stolen from my front verandah on Anzac Day - 8 HP Suzuki long shaft 1995 model grey in colour. Bought it a few months ago and haven't even had it in the water. Rotten mongrels did it at lunchtime while i was out for a couple of hours. The part that really sux is the insurance company will only cover it as " machinery" up to a max of $500 - BUT ... and yes you guessed it.. my excess is $500. .. so i am now without a motor till i can afford another. I hope it blows up on them in heavy seas.. >:( >:( >:(

Try posting it up on Fishnet site lots of southerns use this site