PDA

View Full Version : Complaints

PinHead
26-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I have been reading quite a lot of the posts today and I am amazed as to where our society is heading...so many complaining about others ( I know, I am doing it now)....complaints about others fishing too close, complaints about jet skis, complaints about purchase contracts, complaints about boat ramps, complaints about drivers, complaints about this, that and the other...life is too short to stress over these things...you are a hell of a long time under the grass...live and enjoy it and don't stress over what others do. We can all pick faults with anyone if we want to...I know I have heaps...but isn't it better to look on the other side and avoid this "victim's society" we are heading towards, where everything that happens is someone elses fault. Get out and enjoy yourselves and don't worry about what anyone is else is doing whilst you are out enjoying your pastime...others can only spoil it for you if you let them.

sambos
26-04-2007, 07:51 PM
this would all be the case, pin head, if every body exercised common sense an respect for others, but unfortunatly lots seem to have the old i,m no1 bugger them attitude

bastard
26-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I think pin head is spot on,this is why now im slowly learning to ignore the idiots,and i also take an executive b tablet every morning.(supposed to calm you down).

Shanoss
26-04-2007, 08:29 PM
While people continue to throw bricks off of overpasses, i'll continue to have the odd whinge.

choppa
26-04-2007, 08:59 PM
depends also if a loss of family,,,, (in my case yes)

or a loss of assets,,,, (in my case yes)

or a loss of your standard of living,,,,, ( yeh you guessed it)

if we didn't raise our hands and say enough is enough,,, why advance???????

silly post if ya ask me,,, but that can be taken as a complaint

choppa

snelly1971
26-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Pinhead...i can probably understand where you are coming from....but that is the beauty about living in Tassie...open expanses of water with no one else in sight...we only have those stinking bloody seals in plague par-portions to drive us nuts....no jet skiers......

We dont get the weather you guys get but i love the layed back ....stress free...life style here.....

That is why i have no intention of ever moving...cheers Mick

charleville
26-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Ya not complainin' are ya, Greg????!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wahoo
26-04-2007, 09:42 PM
complaints = feedback

thedeckie
26-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Well Iv'e had enough about people complaining about people complaining!!!

Im not complaining but people do complain about people complaining!!;D

Sorry Greg, just had tooo stick me two bobs worth in.

You can complain if you want...............::)

Cheers

Matthias
26-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Complaining comes with old age. Just a bunch of cranky old bastards.

Pete.

thedeckie
26-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Matthias,
I think they are called Grumpy Old Men!!!!!;D ;D

They even made a M&G out of there proffession!!!;D

Yer, ya right cranky old bastards!!!!:P

PS: Greg, see ya at your place for the rod building, tie that rotty up too!!

Paul

disorderly
26-04-2007, 10:30 PM
pinhead ,

I think it might be fair to say that many of the complaints seem to be as a result of congestion .. too many people in too small an area and too little resources.
Some of the complainants express their disappointment at the shabby way they are treated by others.The problem here is that if you asked 10 people of the correct protocol for using a boat ramp for example,you will no doubt receive different answers from different people and those different answers will all be stated with conviction.(just read some previous threads on the subject).
So whats the answer besides growing a thicker skin or moving to the country....just go fishing and dont take the things you cant change so seriously,I reckon.

cheers Scott

PinHead
27-04-2007, 03:15 AM
pinhead ,

I think it might be fair to say that many of the complaints seem to be as a result of congestion .. too many people in too small an area and too little resources.
Some of the complainants express their disappointment at the shabby way they are treated by others.The problem here is that if you asked 10 people of the correct protocol for using a boat ramp for example,you will no doubt receive different answers from different people and those different answers will all be stated with conviction.(just read some previous threads on the subject).
So whats the answer besides growing a thicker skin or moving to the country....just go fishing and dont take the things you cant change so seriously,I reckon.

cheers Scott

that was my point Scott...I go out on the boat to relax...therefore I do not let the actions of others annoy me...they can only annoy me if I let them.

PinHead
27-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Ya not complainin' are ya, Greg????!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL..no Bruce..I love my boating and fishing..go out there to relax..if someone is doing something I don't like...I just move...I ain't getting my knickers in a knot over anyone when out there.

PinHead
27-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Matthias,
I think they are called Grumpy Old Men!!!!!;D ;D

They even made a M&G out of there proffession!!!;D

Yer, ya right cranky old bastards!!!!:P

PS: Greg, see ya at your place for the rod building, tie that rotty up too!!

Paul

ridgeback Paul...not a rotty...look at her...totally harmless

rossco
27-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Get out of the city.Life,s great out here !

rossco

finga
27-04-2007, 06:20 AM
I know why your always calm Greg.
Nice company (ie the trophy), nice surrounds, nice food, nice boat and a huge bottle. :D
I reckon they're possibly even in order of importance.
Your right though. Somethings are only a problem if you let them be a problem.
Life is too short.

nigelr
27-04-2007, 06:39 AM
While I agree wholeheartedly with your arguement in general, I am personally grateful for those who take the time and make the effort to complain about items they purchase in good faith, that they find are sub standard.
Be it boats, gear, whatever, sub standard or dodgy service, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn from the experiences/opinions of others.
So please, if you have a legitimate gripe about a product or service you have received and consider not up to scratch, continue to complain!
I suspect many are grateful for your efforts at sharing your experiences, I know I am.
Cheers.

Nic
27-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned gripe, I reckon. A problem shared is a problem halved!

DR
27-04-2007, 08:58 AM
what a load of rubbish..the attitude of the young is getting worse & will/is becoming a problem..
if we all sit back & let inconsiderate , rude, self centred, arrogant, i will do as i please & stuff you to hell types, keep getting away with their attitude all the time, life is going to become pretty miserable for a lot of people. Every time you want to do something, there will be some fool who doesn't give a crap doing whatever they please without regard for anyone else..
i feel that eventually it is going to start to get violent on a regular basis..
you only have to look at the way peoples attitudes are changing... there are little or NO consequences to their actions. until such time as some of these are severely punished they will only get worse..

eg. throwing rocks off bridges..
driving at rediculous speeds & endangering others..
gang bashing & robbing drunks & vunerable people..
not preparing boat for launch BEFORE going down ramp... the list goes on..

eventually people will start taking it upon themselves to dish out punishment, the law doesn't, if caught they will be punished a lot worse than the criminal..

having a whinge is a bit of stress relief, a sort of substitute to taking to someone with a donger ,
whinge away Australia, it's all you can do..8-)

PinHead
27-04-2007, 09:08 AM
as long as you condone violence as a method of controlling violence then I hate to see what the result of that would be...as soon as you react with violence you then become a criminal yourself.

I was mainly talking about fishing and boating...as a stress relief from the pressures of every day life...I am not going to let anyone upset me out there.

Noelm
27-04-2007, 09:15 AM
hhhmmm are we complaining about people complaining?? hang on, I think I just complained about people complaing abbout people complaining! that feels good I love a good whinge (as some of you may know)

Dirtysanchez
27-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I think I understand what you are on about Pin head.
I've gone from owning several boats to nothing now, mainly due to a busy life and not having a large enough yard to store one.. I now go fishing in a boat rarely, so it has become a real treat, as opposed to something I considered almost a birth right.

Only last weekend I went up the pine with a friend (1st time in 4 months)
We caught bugger all, but I had good company, no work / family stresses, and yes there were guys on jet ski's and wake boarders, but you know what ? who cares.. I was on the water, beautiful morning for it, with a mate, throwing a few lures about..

Could be worse, we could all be dodging bullets in Mogadishu or starving in North Africa !!

Have a fantastic day peoples :D

Ausfish
27-04-2007, 11:01 AM
The problem is that a lot of people complain, I think winge would be a better word.
If people were to take some action then some good would come out of it.

An example - No use sitting there winging about people throwing bricks off overpasses. Why not write a letter/E-mail to the Transport minister and request or suggest that all overpasses in QLD be fenced/screened. Then Email a copy of your lter teh the Courier mail, ask all your friends to do the same, and so on.

This way you are not complaning/winging you are taking action. If everyone that winged actually took some action then teh powers that be would know exactly what the community at large wanted done. Instead of listening to the few that take the time and take action.

If you are not going to take the time to actually do something to fix the problem then don't winge.

FNQCairns
27-04-2007, 11:32 AM
The thing about condoning/not condoning violence is there are more forms than purely physical acts. While to-day the act of violence (to put it badly) to the psyche is considered perfectly OK by the masses and government, it has and does have far reaching individual effects and not un-identical to constant and unabating physical violence for the recipient. Why has the place gone arse up in basic respect compared to 20 years ago!! despite the anti physical violence campaigns.

While people are perfectly happy and content in their world others are living in fear of/in homelessness/hunger/sickness/poverty or are simply preoccupied every minute trying to believe that the worthlessness which they have been treated by government/legal system/peers/community/authorites is not who they really are and in the meantime are passing this forced given belief to their own children, who incedently have no humane recourse either against it. Humans are still animals, not computers they only give back what they have been given/experienced.

Downing those that have the balls (sadly today it takes balls) to complain or break from social conformity to say some things are just not OK, not 'I am OK jack' which is an easy task.

Those that try and stand up for others by opinion (complaints etc) have my gratitude because the majority don't care enough unless it is them, then they squeal like a stuck pig!

Dont blame me for the physiology stuff either my other half has done all the study and I get lessons constantly:(

I firmly believe that even in communist russia, china, korea etc there are also many that have nothing worldly to complain about and will let the others who complain know - and what would the physological reason for that be!!!

cheers by ducking, fnq

finga
27-04-2007, 12:06 PM
The problem is that a lot of people complain, I think winge would be a better word.
If people were to take some action then some good would come out of it.

An example - No use sitting there winging about people throwing bricks off overpasses. Why not write a letter/E-mail to the Transport minister and request or suggest that all overpasses in QLD be fenced/screened.

I have to disagree with your solution to that very real problem Steve.
Get the people responsible for these acts and punish them. A deterrent for these sorts of anti-social behavior has to be found otherwise they will continue these practices and progress to more damaging acts of violence.
Otherwise we're going end up in a society where we have to wear cages around ourselves just to keep us safe.
Stop the rot before it becomes a problem. No use looking at methods to try and reduce the severity of the acts of needless violence. Just too late then.
To me that's like taking an aspro to stop a headache when you have a tumor.
Might be OK for a while but the overall result is.......
I really have to agree with a comment made before. The lack of respect people show towards themselves, each other, and society in general. Some people just don't give two flying figs about anything.

kingtin
27-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh dear! :-/:-/ I've got so much to say but I better not say it for fear of sounding like I'm complaining ;D

A few, none too serious thoughts.

The problem with Australian society is that they've let too many poms in............no wonder it sounds like there's too much complaining! ;D

I wonder how many think that those who don't complain could be accused of being apathetic?

I wonder how many think that those who don't complain haven't really been touched by traumatic events as much as those who do complain? Are they just thicker skinned?

Yes, Greg, I agreee..............we are becoming a society of victims but luckily, atm, they aren't the majority. the abuser always has the excuse that they've been abused..........the junkie always blames his/her addiction on others' treatment of them.

Yes, complaining seems to be more prevealent but couldn't that be because those who are complaining are experiencing more abuse/thoughtlessness from others, than average joe blow who doesn't have much too complain about?

Is it a fact that the more pain you suffer, the more you're likely to complain and the less you suffer, the less you're likely to complain?

What would you do if on returning to the ramp half an hour early in order to pick your kids up from school, someone had left their rigs/s unattended at the pontoon and you couldn't drop your deckie off? The resulting search for the rig owners resulted in your kid waiting at the station for half an hour.......at risk. What do we do? Come in an hour early? Not go fishing? Or blow our top at the rig owners and have a bloody good whinge here to wind down? Do we educate by illustration and complaining or just let it go and hope for the best that others will learn consideration by some act of God?

just a few thoughts..:-/

kev

FNQCairns
27-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Thinking further and also on a personal note about what I did do, lived in residence here for near 4 years, same dog very quiet, someone home 99% of the time, dog has in the past chased 2 people illegally entering which I witnessed the back of over the fence and down the road and one time I strongly suspect but did not see. Dog allerted us to a next door neighbours intruders once also all in the AM and once a neighbour told us the dog allerted them to juveniles under their house.

2 weeks ago I recieve a letter from council telling me I need to do something about the noise this dog makes, no times indicated (nothing actually) just a complaint has been registed, this dog only ever barks because we have trained it at a threat or unknown intrusion, or when I ask it to investigate the whole yard, sometimes no sound from her for a week at a time easy! This dog is in no way a lazy barker!

Upon thinking about the letter we came to the conclusion that the noise must have been the 2 times the week earlier in the AM the dog barked at a night time stray rotwheeler (sp) that investigated next door. On both occasions our dog was quiet the moment we told her to stop (within a minute) and return to her spot but she will continue to growl softly. Rotty has since returned but our dog knows not to bark.

So these two times it was (possibly if actually our dog -who knows) and due to the obviously bad law that allowed the letter in this instance to be issued.

I have now lost respect for the quiet law and have since decided that my past behaviour of always waiting for the neighbours to leave before I grind something or at the very least waiting till 10am before making a noise and downing tools/mower before 4pm even if it doesn't suit me, but was the higher ground and worthy of the bother, is now for me totally out the window.

Last weekend I was grinding at 7.01 am and banging away into the dark on weekdays because it is legal to do so and my consience has been made clear, the law say's I do not have to behave at any tier higher and a council regulation allerted me to the folly with which I was conducting myself in respectfull noise abatement.

I am getting much done without the shackles of base respect:) and I have the law to thank, I wonder if my lawfull and new behaviour against our residence's treatment will have a dribble down effect on the neighbours in basic respect in some other area of society they inhabit?

cheers fnq

PinHead
27-04-2007, 02:13 PM
wow..certainly getting past what I originally intended..i was referring mainly to fishing and boating.

FNQCairns
27-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Pinhead, but do you have anything substantially more substantial to complain about than complaints about complaining!!:)

cheers fnq

shaman
27-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I Was Feeling Really Good Until I Read This Thread.
Pinhead, I Can See Where You Were Going And I Totally Agree With You And I Was Gunna Say Something Along The Lines Of Spiritual Balance Blah-blah But After I Read The Rest Of The Thread I Became Too Depressed.......................... Thanks Anyway Mate.

Find A Tree And Sit Under It, Watch The Kids Play, Listen To The Birds Sing And Enjoy The World And If Someone P!sses You Off, Smash 'em.
They'll Think Twice About Doing It Again. It's Called Teaching Respect!!

Derek Bullock
27-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I remember a few years back when I was in Kosovo with the United Nations just after the Balkans wars. A few things occured over a two week period and they were just a few of the many things I saw and heard about.

Was driving into a village one evening to find a UN road block. As a UN Official I was allowed through and saw a car on the side of the road absolutley full of bullet holes with two bodies inside. Turned out to be the local politician and his nephew. Seemed they had upset someone. Investigatiopn showed in excess of 200 bullet holes in the vehicle

Couple of days later there was huge explosion a street away early in the evening. Someone had rolled a handgrenade through the front door of a restaurant. Inside a few local town officials were dining. Seemed they had upset a few people and got blown to pieces for their troubles.

Laying in bed one night and there was a huge blue flash and an explosion barely 500 metres down the road that rocked the building I was in. Someone had sent a missile through a window in the UN Police Station. The particular office was where they were compiling evidence against organised crime and war criminals.

I dont think we really have to much to complain about over here.

Derek

kingtin
27-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I remember a few years back when I was in Kosovo with the United Nations just after the Balkans wars. A few things occured over a two week period and they were just a few of the many things I saw and heard about.

Was driving into a village one evening to find a UN road block. As a UN Official I was allowed through and saw a car on the side of the road absolutley full of bullet holes with two bodies inside. Turned out to be the local politician and his nephew. Seemed they had upset someone. Investigatiopn showed in excess of 200 bullet holes in the vehicle

Couple of days later there was huge explosion a street away early in the evening. Someone had rolled a handgrenade through the front door of a restaurant. Inside a few local town officials were dining. Seemed they had upset a few people and got blown to pieces for their troubles.

Laying in bed one night and there was a huge blue flash and an explosion barely 500 metres down the road that rocked the building I was in. Someone had sent a missile through a window in the UN Police Station. The particular office was where they were compiling evidence against organised crime and war criminals.

I dont think we really have to much to complain about over here.

Derek

But there's another lesson to be learned there Derek. We don't have too much to complain about with regards to how people complain.............just look at how folk lodge their complaints in Kosovo ::) :(

kev

nigelr
28-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Good point Kingtin, VERY good point.
Thankfully the bloodfued and the vendetta are not a natural part of our Aussie way of life, at this stage!
Derek, fully appreciate your comments on perspective however!
Cheers and good karma to all!

Scalem
28-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Complaining and finger pointing are the same thing. When you point the finger at someone there's three fingers pointing straight back at YOU! None of us have ever been cheesed off enough with someone to have imagined dropping a hand grenade on them have we?::)

So the point I am making is one of attitude. Stones and glass houses - same thing. Keep your own back yard tidy before being critical of others.

Scalem

Chris Ryan
28-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I agree with Scalem. Even though not an overly religious person, the old 'Treat onto others' statement rings so true. If you have ever tried being polite and calm to someone who is fuming at you they calm down real quick; you are showing them how you would like to be treated.

Society has always had issues with complaining/whinging etc. For me, even if a thoughless 30' cruiser sails past me at 30knots whilst I am at anchor I really don't give a shit. I am on the water, normally with family and having a ball. Fish or no fish, I am outta the rat race smelling bait and salt air, watching the skies change colour and wondering why the world is so angry. I bet if the ones causing the issues spent more time on the water seeing nature at its best - the place would calm down a lot. Then again, more people=more boats=more traffic=more annoyed people=complaining..............bloody Catch 22!!!!

Puff

el_carpo
28-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Today, I found my car covered in spray paint (gang graffiti) so those hand grenades and machine guns are looking pretty reasonable right now. Maybe in two weeks my blood will stop boiling and I'll be able to give a nicer reply. For now, my inner Attila the Hun is rampaging through my mind and all I want to do is find the rats and stick their severed heads on pikes atop my castle walls.

Raise the black flag! No quarter! Let none survive! Charge!

RRRAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!

LOL

Seahorse
28-04-2007, 01:30 PM
i guess everyone was having a nice time till they started reading this thread.
It just seems to bring up all the past things that people are prob trying to forget. Better off saying nothing at all.

cheers
greg