PDA

View Full Version : best baits

bdh2109
25-04-2007, 05:57 PM
hi all can someone tell me the best baits for flathead and bream, day and night from a river bank. i do not have a yabbie pump, so any tips would be great. i do most of my fishing between wooli NSW and Taree NSW. i am very new to fishing and need all the help i can get. Cheers

kingtin
25-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm sure the placcy brigade will be here from the dark side, any time now ;D

kev

Black_Rat
25-04-2007, 06:33 PM
My biggest flattie to date was caught on a whole pillie on the drift in the boat :)

From what I know a moving bait will entice them more than an anchored bait. So if fishing from a bank use as little lead to get to the bottom and cast up tide from the bank and let it roll along the bottom. ;)

rockfisho
25-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Try whitebait or frogmouth pilchards for flathead and bream, they love em They're readily available. And are best rigged on a small gang with two hooks with a light sinker.

cheers

rockfisho

juju
25-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Live Poddy Mullet, easy to catch and good size bream and flats love em.....unless you want to go the plastic way....

shaman
25-04-2007, 07:29 PM
chook gut............... "Fisho" brand for bream. Plenty of it on a #1 92247 mustard baitkeeper hook (preferably nickel as bronzed seems a heavier gauge), loop it over the barb and keep pushing it up the shaft and the little barbs will keep it hanging on. Change the bait after a while as it goes pale looking and is not as effective. Big bait means HORSE BREAM...............
Anything for lizards.................. as long as it's moving......... make sure it's bumping the bottom on the retrieve or even under a bobby float if the bottom's a bit grubby. Good luck Matey..............

crabs
25-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I like the old Prawn you it has to move allong the bottom for the flatheads.:)