PDA

View Full Version : Boat/Fishing Clubs inaround Brisbane

RCG008
24-04-2007, 10:15 AM
G,day...

Just moved from Coffs Harbour to Norman Park in Brizvegas. Have been tempting the move for some time now. Well it happened.

I was a member of Coffs Habrour Deep Sea fishing club back home but none of my mates know of similar places up here. This is were I was hoping for some local knowledge seeing it looks like 50% of the members come from SE QLD. Could also be a chance to give your club a plug.

Where are they? Cost? Competitions? Facilities? etc Would love any help.

Also remember seeing a post not so long ago about a club/storage place that had wash down facilities (Before anyone says it I know Brisbane has no water), something about they use there own rainwater tanks. I might be completly off cue here but anything would be great.

Also if you have a great club and dont want to share... Just PM me:-X

Thanks heaps...Dick Gibson

PS Looking for work. Have been a mechanic for 9 years also NRMA, but looking for a change...Just PM me.

Luc
24-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Dick,

There are a number of ANSA clubs around Brisbane.

Just follow this link http://ansaqld.com.au/member-clubs/

Luc

RCG008
24-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Cheers Luc. Thats the sort of stuff I need. I guess my biggest problem at the moment is storage. Big shock moving from a house with a huge driveway and garage back to a unit.

Thanks.

Jeremy
24-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Dick,

Brisbane Sportfishing Club meets once at month at Bulimba, just down the road from Norman Pk. We do a fair bit of offshore fishing. Typical trip is a get together of 4-8 members boats out to certain spot to target certain species and meet back at ramp afterwards for weigh in and chat. We are friendly and share info. We also have spots available on boats most trips for people without their own boat.

We follow the ANSA ethics and principles. We host a sportfishing comp and go to a few others each year.

There is heaps of info on our website. Visitors are welcome to the club meetings at no charge if you want to check us out before joining.

Jeremy
www.brisbanesportfishingclub.com.au

shubeej
24-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Dick, an option for you to store your boat would be down at horizon shores marina at woongoolba jacobs well ,have mine stored down there on trailer under cover, I live at Cannon Hill & takes about 40 minutes drive there ,definatley worth a call
shubeej

RCG008
25-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks Shubeejy for the down south option. Will keep that in mind

It makes me wonder why anyone else dosnt list there options. Shorely someone stores there boat close to the water.

Like I said... If you dont want to advertise just PM me on a good deal.

I dont want your fishing spots. Just want some help.

Fishing club link was great. But Idealy I need storage...!

Please help.

RCG008
26-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Heard something today from a tackle shop about a Trailer Boat Club down near Manly (QLD) I read on a brochure about a comp there having on the long weekend. Anyone know about this club?

bastard
26-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Dick, an option for you to store your boat would be down at horizon shores marina at woongoolba jacobs well ,have mine stored down there on trailer under cover, I live at Cannon Hill & takes about 40 minutes drive there ,definatley worth a call
shubeejThis was a good idea but is now no longer available.

jackson4300
27-04-2007, 10:07 AM
mate visit, www.RHFC.com.au (http://www.RHFC.com.au),
local fishing club, all info at the site.

Argle
27-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Heard something today from a tackle shop about a Trailer Boat Club down near Manly (QLD) I read on a brochure about a comp there having on the long weekend. Anyone know about this club?

The club you are talking about is the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club. Located at fairlead cres Manly right on the water. The club has a 5 lane boat ramp, wash down facilites (yes with tank water) two pontoons as well as the Bistro/Bar upstairs. Hardstand storage is available but not undercover. The new deck overlooking the bay is just about finished now too - a top spot for Sunday Brekkie.
The club has a leasehold of land at South Straddie as well with excellent facilities for members its well worth a look. There are Deep sea and Inshore fishing sub group active within the club also. The club hosts the Family fishing classic coming up soon.
Check out www.mbtbc.com.au (http://www.mbtbc.com.au) for more info.

Give me a yell if you need any more info and welcome to Brisbane too mate

Cheers and Beers
Scott

RCG008
27-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that Argyle.

That must have been the club I was thinking off. I actually drove past today and went in. Its a shame cause the wait for dry storage is around the 18month mark. Otherwise I was nearly in.

Probably drop in there for a beer after a trip of Manly.

I will be in the water soon. Hopefully very soon.

Thanks for the welcome. I thought you guys would be sick of NSW people importing themselves by now.

Dick