PDA

View Full Version : Monduran Water Level

barrafever
23-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi guys, its been too long since i visited the big M and was curious how the water level was. Is the dirt ramp still usable or is the concrete ramp the go now? Am heading up there in about 2 weeks time to hopefully catch a birthday barra. Any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Awoonga
23-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Ihave a 4.45 and have to use the Concrete ramp Water still going down...But have heard in the next week it will stop....

rivermanau
23-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi, I was there up to Thursday last week, I used the dirt ramp for my 12 ft tinny, however there wasn't much water and I had to use the electric to get out of the first part of the cove due to tree branches. Fishing was Ok , I only got one 80 cm in 2 days, the grey nomads were averaging one fish a day each trolling the usual spots
Cheers Rob

MORFIN
23-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Ihave a 4.45 and have to use the Concrete ramp Water still going down...But have heard in the next week it will stop....

what do you mean , are they going to stop pumping water out?

PETE MATE.

Awoonga
23-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes Water allocations have been filled...So the water should stop flowing out of the dam.....Notice l said should.......! !

BobbyJ123
24-04-2007, 06:09 AM
G'day mate, Monduran is at 21%, fell 2% last week.
http://www.sunwater.com.au/#

Click on Water Storage

Peter4
24-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I was there at the end of March with a 3.90m tinnie. Had trouble on the dirt ramp and switched to the concrete ramp. Dam level was at 24% then and is 21% now!

Pete

barrafever
24-04-2007, 10:23 AM
thanks for the heads up guys. there must be a few extra sticks poking up outa the water now, will have to take it easy. By memory the concrete ramp was pretty small, probably only big enough to launch one boat at a time. Has there been much of a problem people getting impatient and starting a bit of ramp rage? I guess as its considered the off season now it would be a bit quieter on the dam though. Lets hope they do stop the pumping out of the dam.

tedbear60
24-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi, was at Monduran over the weekend. Concrete ramp still usable but a lot of boats are using the dirt ramp on the next spur line. Its better if you have trouble backing a trailer.

tony

skeeter
26-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I was there last weekend too, the ramp closest to the caravan park is for very small tinnies and very big four wheel drives. The dirt ramp is still usuable but the safest is the concrete with plenty of water still over it.
Its getting as busy as Awoonga though, last 2 weekends have had local fishing comps and have been very busy.
Looks like the secrets out.