PDA

View Full Version : where`s the best place to buy outboard

strongy
22-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi guys , in the market for a NEW 40hp 4 stroke elec start ptt . and if i didn`t feel like i was getting bent over i would`ve bought one already. yamaha or honda i`m leaning to ,so who do you suggest , which dealers ? btw i`ll travel for good service. Strongy

Marlin_Mike
23-04-2007, 05:14 AM
I have bought a couple of donks over the years from Wynnum MArine.

Excellent service and back up. Give them a ring see what they have in stock.

Mike

Flex
23-04-2007, 07:23 AM
I bought my 50hp 2 stroke yamaha from stones corner marine. I found them the cheapest by far than any other dealer, and they have always been very helpful. I picked up my 3 cylinder 2007 model back in November for $4700. I went into sundown marine and they refused to match it. They wanted close to the same price for the 40hp. Im couldn't find a cheaper place to buy a boat or outboard than stones corner.

bushbeachboy
23-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Don't bother travelling to NQ for service strongy. I have found the Yamaha dealers up here to be very arrogant, possibly due to their market dominance up here. For example, I was told by a Yammie Dealer that they try not to trade Tohatsu's, because they are so gutless in comparison to Yammies. He then went on to bad mouth Suzuki, Merc/Mariner, Evinrude/Johnson, Honda. Mmmmmm. I also felt like I was being bent over and didn't buy. A good mate took her Merc into another Yammie Dealer up here and was told they wouldn't trade a Merc at all. I can't imagine they're all like that, might be a local thing, lack of competition etc. And I've owned a Yammie before and been quite happy with it. If they are interested in your business, they will treat you well and quote good prices.

BIG SUFF
23-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Gidday All, Strongy, Have you given Yatala Yamaha a go?

Big Suff

strongy
23-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey thanks guys , Flex i was told stones corner marine are pretty good so i`ll give them a ring ,Big suff i`ll phone yatala and see thanks Mike wynnum might be worth a try and Bushbeachboy they are not all the same , but some are , i was told by a Yamaha dealer he didn`t want my 30 4 stroke 2002 honda as a trade because he was a yamaha dealer and if he had other brands for sale even though second hand it wouldn`t look good , go figure ,lost my business.

Mick King
23-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I have always found Wayne at Stones Corner Marine a very honest and reliable person to deal with and always supplied good aftersales service.Just my thoughts Strongy. Mick

finga
24-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Bung the Honda on here in the 'for sales' and I'm sure it'll go.
No hassles about trade-in then :)
Good luck with the new purchase where-ever you go :)

crabs
24-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I got my yammie form marinetune on they coldcoast and they were the worst place i have ever done bisness with i now get my boat serviced at westside marine and i am very happy .

craigie
25-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Strongy,

If you decide to go Suzuki/Johno, I can do you a fantastic deal on an OCA quality outboard splash cover for the cowling. Brand new, never unpacked !!

Also worth mentioning, I have a mate who recently purchased a Boat & Motor package that was an unwanted prize. He plans to keep the boat but sell off the donk. Could be a 40, 4 banger, not sure which brand.
Don't sign anything till I find out, you could be in for a good saving on a new price ??

Cheers
Craig.

Runamuck
25-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Gidday All, Strongy, Have you given Yatala Yamaha a go?

Big Suff
I would have to agree give Yatala Yamaha a go, or better still give marine tune on the gold coast a shot. I saved nearly two thousand on my new four stroke with them.

strongy
25-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys , some good leads there ,Craigie .. i`ll wait a bit and see what is on offer with your mate if its a good deal and its what i want its a cash deal , thanks Strongy.

craigie
26-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Strongy,

My mate is selling a 40 hp yammie. It's a 2 stroke, pull start.

Maybe not what your after ?

It's brand new, never used, with full warranty.
Wants $4100, retails for approx $4600, so a great saving for someone !
Will be in the next edition of the trading post.

Cheers
Craigie

strongy
26-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey Craigie thanks for that , i`m really set on a 4 stroke , and $4100 is a good by, i saw it on the trading post internet site (taringa) was the suburb if i remember ,he should get rid of it pretty easy , thanks again Strongy.

death_ship
26-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Just ring all the shops and get a price, got my 115 yammy 4 stroke from marine tune doing this and saved $2000, an hour on the phone. the four stroke is unreal!