PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a good idea

el_carpo
22-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi all,

This may be a goofy idea or it may even already exist but..........

My dad was going through his car emergency kit today and I saw that he had a "heat pack" in it. It's one of those small bags filled with some chemicals that react when you crush it and it produces temporary heat in an emergency (I think it was 110 Farenheit or 43 Celcius.)

Anyway, I remember you guys saying that to treat a sting from on of those "happy moment" fish, you apply heat to the wound and it stops the pain. Now I doubt that 43 degrees is hot enough to work but I bet it's possible to make one that gets hot enough. If so, that would be a handy thing to have on a fishing trip. You could apply heat right away instead of having to wait to get brought to a source of hot water.

Any good? Already exist? If so and if not, feel free to make a fortune developing it.;D

Yes? No? Maybe?

Just thinking out loud.

EC

Ausfish
22-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Great idea. The Magic Worm Heat Packs I have in the 4WD and home get pretty hot, hotter than you can handle if put directly on bare skin. So they should do the trick.

Heard of a charter operator that got done by a happy moment this morning, no hot water on board, miles from home. He could have done with one.

One version of them can be seen at http://www.remo.com.au/online/special_item.cfm?PLU=1222

el_carpo
22-04-2007, 01:46 PM
;D;D;D This is the happiest moment in my life! I've finally thought of something useful! I think I'm going to cry! :'( ;D;D;D

bay_firey
22-04-2007, 04:11 PM
el carpo
Human skin will scald at 49 degrees, which is why those hot water safety devices on taps are set at 46 deg

so 43 deg heat pack should be pretty good,

PinHead
22-04-2007, 04:26 PM
can we send el carpo some happy moments so he can give his idea a test run ???

kingtin
22-04-2007, 04:33 PM
el carpo
Human skin will scald at 49 degrees, which is why those hot water safety devices on taps are set at 46 deg

so 43 deg heat pack should be pretty good,

The blurb on the "safe" heat packs say that they heat to 54deg

kev

kingtin
22-04-2007, 04:35 PM
can we send el carpo some happy moments so he can give his idea a test run ???

Just all chuck in for the plane fare and he can spend a couple of weeks with me and the family..............it doesn't come more painful than that http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/F/1/352p.gif

kev