PDA

View Full Version : Who is coming to town?

FNQCairns
21-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Was in Geopickers today and the place has been bought out (swallowed up) by one of the bigger players (he didn't offer who and I didn't ask), this is a shame as it was the only good place to buy quality boating bit's and pieces, they had a good range in stock of the BLA selection.

Worried now with the sellers that are left in town there is no option but a 4 day delivery wait, and another 20% min higher price + freight and no choice but to guess the item it will suit because once orderd it's owned :(, we have Whitworths but some of the stuff they sell......:(

Anyone happen to know who and if they do boating??

Cheers fnq

FNQCairns
27-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Found out a little more on this, the new owners are a retail camping chain branching out from SA and possibly Vic but they are not national so I am told. Anyone know who that may be??

cheers fnq

bay_firey
27-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Annaconda ??
Maybe

Just guessing

Blackened
27-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Annaconda ??
Maybe

Just guessing

G'day

I doubt it'd be anaconda, as the are national.... at least in QLD and VIC.

Dave

dogsbody
27-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I was thinking Santa but he's a bit far off and he doesn't have a camping chain. So i don't know sorry.

Dave.

Wahoo
27-04-2007, 06:51 PM
well there you go eh, never would of thought the Geo would of sold, been there a damn long time, he has alot of great gear in there

Daz

FNQCairns
02-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Daz, thinking of your new boat fitout and unless you don't know they have a big sale on ATM and are getting desperate to have the stock out the door before end of week.

cheers fnq

Wahoo
02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
thanks for the heads up fnq ;)

Daz