PDA

View Full Version : 27Meg questions.

robnjo
21-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I havn't used it much at all and am going out side tomorrow, so my questions are...
-are Repeters the chanels?
-what chanel should I be on for logging on to the seway tower and leaving on while out there, like of weather reports and general fish chit chat?
Rob.

russ81
21-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Hows it going mate
you will find that ch88 is always manned and depending on your location ch 86 and 91 are manned as well as for weather and chit chat im unsure as i am only running VHF at the moment
Hope this helps
Russ

robnjo
21-04-2007, 12:06 PM
thanks mate.
also forgot to say that it is the Gold Coast Seaway tower I'll be calling.

Heath
21-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Ch91 is what you need to use.

fishingrod
21-04-2007, 07:44 PM
There are no repeaters on 27 meg.

Also remember to adjust your squelch so you can hear the background static. If it annoys you increase the squelch slowly so the static JUST stops. Dont be heavy handed or you will not hear weaker signals.

Ch88 is the main emergency channel and can be used for general calling only. If you get into trouble this is what to use.

Im not local to you so cant comment on what ship-shore channels the tower uses. You may find they also accept calls on CH91 as the others have suggested as it helps keep the emergency channel clear.

Ian1
21-04-2007, 07:58 PM
27 meg!!!:-X

I thought you city slickers down in Brisy would be a bit more with the times than that.
27 meg went out with black and white TV.

Get yourself a VHF and a color TV.

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Ian