PDA

View Full Version : help launching

yam90
20-04-2007, 10:54 PM
hi,
i am after some advice to help me and the experienced boater at the ramp. i used to own a old tinnie, my luck changed and i was able to buy a haines breeze.
when i am at the boat ramp with wife and kid on board the boat and me the the only licenced operator attempting to push boat out and board at the same without scratching the guts out of the hull. my question is, is there an easy way of doing this.
i am relatively new to the area and have not yet made fishing buddies.

any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
:-[

Roughasguts
21-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Mate I tie a rope to the bow, push the boat off, drag the bow up to the beach, Motors running while the missus attempts to park the car. kids get on board through the hatch. Then I turn the motor off, back the arse of the boat back to the beach nose heading out to sea. Then jump on the duck board, push off, tilt the motor down and re-start the motor. Never any damage.

chris_s
21-04-2007, 08:34 AM
If you know this will be an issue, try and pick a ramp that has a pontoon that way once its launched you can simply ask the other half to meet over at it, i also needed to do this and launching was alot easier. As for putting it back on unload everyone at the pontoon get them to hold it, you get the car, and ask someone for a hand at the ramp, you will be surprised as to how many people will only be too happy to help. I know i was always willing to help and it only ever took a couple of minutes.

1975fflh
30-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Mate I know the problem, I switch from the old 12' tinnie a year ago.
My Deckie is only 13 or 7 depends who comes with me.
I have a line that is about twice the length of the boat and The deckie lines up on the dock (not many sand ramps down here).
Iwrap the rope around the trailer just above the winch a couple of times, Back off the winch wire unlock the hook give the rope a flick and she slides off into the water, sometimes she needs a push.

I control where the boat goes and how far with the rope, careful it doesnt pull you in, it wont go too far without you
i the toss the rope to the deckie who pulls the boat over to the ramp and I park the car.
The 13 YRO somertimes starts it for me but he has a licence and I dont trust him to wait for me, he is liable to go for a run without me the little sh t

Gordon hope it helps

FNQCairns
30-04-2007, 08:41 PM
The 13 YRO somertimes starts it for me but he has a licence and I dont trust him to wait for me, he is liable to go for a run without me the little sh t

That's nice you must have a good relationship with the little sh t :)

cheers fnq