PDA

View Full Version : Tabs 5.45 ocean seriers or formosa supercab 5.5

timddo
20-04-2007, 06:17 PM
In the process of selling my 12 month boat to go bigger. If anyone is interest in a Trailcraft freestyle 485 boat pm meb. The missus got wet last time we went out to curtin. so i need a cuddy cab. the two boats are almost the same size but weight is different. 620 for formosa and 749 for Tabs. Same kinda shape type of boat.. i leaning towards tabs. heavier means more alumiium, means better boat, softer ride.

Can anyone comment on these boats.

Gilligan
20-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Mate

Cant comment on the model but can on the brand. I own a Formosa c/c 4.5 and love it to bits, have been 20k off the seaway in it had it blow up a bit and got home with no trouble except a bit wet as to be expected.
Last time i looked the TABS were a bit more expensive but a bloody nice boat and i would spend the extra money if i could afford it. They are in my top 5 pick of tinnies.

cheers

zigfreed on gilligans pc

GAD
20-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I have a 5meter tabs bowrider and go out when I can, stay out and feel safe , been in some shite weather and rode nice and stable, love it .8-)

Greg

Scalem
21-04-2007, 12:51 AM
I have a 5meter tabs bowrider and go out when I can, stay out and feel safe , been in some shite weather and rode nice and stable, love it .8-)

Greg

This subject REALLY interests me, please be generous with pics of your boats guys, I have been looking at both Trailcraft and Tabs for a little while now. My ol' Mustang which is the 1st and only boat I have ever owned is giving me grief because of leaking and transom problems. I'm sick of glass and always worrying about rotting marine ply!!

If I were to replace her I would go for the Bowrider like yours Greg, I do a fair bit of rec and semi professional water skiing every summer, the kids just love the idea of riding up front. Critics of the Bowrider say that up front is not the place to be in a moderate chop as it is the most bumpy place in the boat. What's your opinion on this?

Timddo, I also love a mate's side console Trailcraft in the same size hull as yours, lots of freeboard/ high sides. Can you post pics of yours too? What motor is on her? I'm dreaming at the moment and have a long way to go before the director of finance gives me the Nod, but she does such a great job, with our credit rating I could get a bank approval tomorrow if I had to.;D What sort of figure would you be asking for her?

Scalem

timddo
21-04-2007, 10:34 PM
scalem. the boat is freestyel 4.85, 12 months old. high bimini and clears. all the gizmo's you need. Pm if you want to view. It has a f60 yamaha and max speed of 25knots with 4 and gear + fuel, done 90 hours, has full service history. dual batteries. Your welcome to come have a look. very dry boat if you put the bimini up and clears down. there are ways you can make the boat wet for other reasons. You know what i mean.;) ::) ::)

Gilligan
22-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Scalem

PM sent

Zig

Scalem
22-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the PM,

I will keep it in mind, things need a little ripening before I can truely say I am in the market, but everyone has to start with a goal some time ;)

Scalem

GAD
23-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Scalem,
I find that it is always a comprimise, for me Tabs was the Brand I liked and a bowrider was the type, as I wanted to be able to go to the reef if the weather is good and I do as often as possible and have stayed out over nite, and still fish the inlet in Cairns or hinchinbrook, plus go skiing at tinaroo or taylors beach,or chasing barra at tinaroo{still gonna get me one of those horses}. If it is choppy well the front of any boat is the roughest place to be , but as I am mainly into casting the front will be mainly for fishing, am presently looking at building a kill bin between the front seats with the lid being the casting deck , now just got to save enough to get my riptide, rocket laucher come bimini, and then let me have a bit of good weather and no more of this 20-25knots.

Greg

lethal098
23-04-2007, 08:24 PM
tabs for sure i know the sales and marketing manager and have seen first hand how the boats are made and would definetely reccomend hoping to convince the missus soon for the 6.5 ocean series, good luck

peterreb
24-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Go the TABS

timddo
04-05-2007, 09:47 AM
No more comments on Tabs Boats????