View Full Version : The new boat

Far side
19-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Havn't had time to put some photos up of the new hole in the water

Please keep the bar crusher comments to a minimum
Anyway enjoy I certainly do

Marlin_Mike
19-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice choice of donk there mate........:)

seatime
19-04-2007, 05:07 PM
very nice reachy, a few Q's,
where will u be using it?
how much chain do u have under the anchor winch?
don't see multi-rollers under alloy boats often, is there only one set, or more at the back?

cheers

Far side
19-04-2007, 05:52 PM
very nice reachy, a few Q's,
where will u be using it?
how much chain do u have under the anchor winch?
don't see multi-rollers under alloy boats often, is there only one set, or more at the back?

cheers

Thanks

Moreton bay and outside with a bit more experience (bill corton booked)

10 meters of chain then it goes to a specially braided rope designed for the winch

set at the front and 2 sets down the back about 300 mm from the end of the trailer works a treat when centering the boat

Far side
19-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Nice choice of donk there mate........:)
mate they tried to talk me into a yammie 115 and to be honest if yammie made a 130 or a 140 I would have gone that way however the boat is rated at 115 to 140 thought it best to be lookin at and not lookin for it

Poodroo
19-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Wow one can't help but notice all that "DECKIE" space in that nice new boat.::)
Absolutely awesome boat mate. Congrats! You must be one hell of a proud owner. Get some AF stickers on it right away. Lol

Regards,

Poodroo

Wayne_Red
19-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Nice boat there reachy
Post some fuel figures when you get some, nice boat/motor combo. From what they say on here you will be happy with the suzuki. $$?? if it is not a rude question
Regards Wayne

Far side
19-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow one can't help but notice all that "DECKIE" space in that nice new boat.::)
Absolutely awesome boat mate. Congrats! You must be one hell of a proud owner. Get some AF stickers on it right away. Lol

Regards,

Poodroo
mate on the phone to them today reckon they will fit nicely under the bc logos on the side

Ryan.S
20-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Wanna swap?

bushbeachboy
20-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Mate I'd be jealous but I love my little poly punt:D . Seriously, beaut boat mate. May she bring you many a great time.
Cheers

seatime
20-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Thanks

Moreton bay and outside with a bit more experience (bill corton booked)

10 meters of chain then it goes to a specially braided rope designed for the winch

set at the front and 2 sets down the back about 300 mm from the end of the trailer works a treat when centering the boat

that's a great anchor set-up, must be one of those chain/rope gypsy's on the winch. the Sarca's work really well, is it the #2 with 10mm SS shackle ?

cheers
Steve

Far side
20-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice boat there reachy
Post some fuel figures when you get some, nice boat/motor combo. From what they say on here you will be happy with the suzuki. $$?? if it is not a rude question
Regards Wayne

Wayne had a look at the fuel management today have the navman type

I have not done any calibration but the meter is telling me 4kms per litre @4200 rpm

It sounds too good to be true and I need to spend some more time sussing out the fuel management but she is pretty good on the go juice

Far side
20-04-2007, 03:20 PM
that's a great anchor set-up, must be one of those chain/rope gypsy's on the winch. the Sarca's work really well, is it the #2 with 10mm SS shackle ?

cheers
Steve

Yes its the sarca number 2 with 2 ss shackles bit of paint on the 5 and 1 meter mark as she comes up in a rush

The only drama I had was the BC well which is a bit small for this setup the rope and chain would bind up under the winch but I just got in there and moved the bulk of the rope to the front thus stopping the jamming problem. sent an email to BC but there is little that can be done about the anchor well due to boat design
its one of those things you need to manage
The plusses in this boat far outweigh the minuses -------so far