PDA

View Full Version : Where are good local Suppliers

sandyd
19-04-2007, 06:58 AM
So we have had info on good suppliers in the USA, so how about letting everyone know where our own suppliers are in Australia. Lets for this exercise not make price top of the list, things to consider would be service, knowledge, stock and ever what kind of things you have purchased from them.

I will start the ball rolling with Rodworks, as I am only new to this I have not yet purchased any thing as I am waiting on a book to become available before placing my order but the information that I have so far received and the helpful replies is what I would say customer service is all about.

finga
19-04-2007, 07:00 AM
I'll have to say Rodworks are more then helpfull with information :)

DR
19-04-2007, 09:17 AM
i think this might be a short list :)

jan
19-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Wilsons is up there for me. Kord is very helpful and is a wealth of knowledge. Garry Howard at Australian rod manufactures is one I can rely on. Wayne and the boys at Frogley's are good blokes and always have time for a chat. These three would be my pick in Australia.
Cheers,
Jan.

Owen
19-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Jan,
Aren't Frogley's & Wilsons wholesalers/manufacturers?
If so, those of us who don't do rods commercially don't have access (I wouldn't have thought).
Good to hear they are good to deal with though.

jan
19-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes they are Owen. I guess my point should have been that even though they supply to retail outlets/manufacturers, my experiences have been that they are good companies to deal with. Just because most ppl can't buy from them doesn't mean you can't ask them a question about a blank, guides, grips etc so that when you do order from your tackle store/outlet, you are confident in what you will be supplied with.
Cheers,
Jan.

finga
25-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Wilsons is up there for me. Kord is very helpful and is a wealth of knowledge. Garry Howard at Australian rod manufactures is one I can rely on. Wayne and the boys at Frogley's are good blokes and always have time for a chat. These three would be my pick in Australia.
Cheers,
Jan.
Gidday Jan,
How good are these guys to deal with as a new and very small customer??
I only ask as the cook has a retail shop and wondering if these guys would deal with her (for me ;D). Some wholesalers we've dealt with only like big orders.
I suppose all it'll take is a phone call and I'll know for sure :)

DR
26-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Where are good local Suppliers

ALPS/FREEWAY are importers/wholesaler operating out of Brisbane who carry one of the largest range of quality rod components in Australia. These people have representive distributors who can point rod builders in the direction of outlets they have in any state in Australia. Give em a go, you won't be disappointed with what they have!

(extac@optusnet.com.au)

how do we find this business, doesn't google & cannot find them in phone book???

Stuart
26-04-2007, 03:44 PM
When you find any good local suppliers that actually know what the hell they are talking about please let me know. Australia, the land of the middle man.

Stu