PDA

View Full Version : Goldstar Boats

beaross
18-04-2007, 06:26 PM
G'day
Wondering if anyone has any experience with Goldstar Boats. A mate of mine is looking at buying a new 4.8m plate center console, and the Goldstar seems to be at the top of his list. Im just hoping to help out with any info you knowledgable lot might be able to provide! Any feedback would be much appreciated;)

Beaross.

chuss
18-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I went for a ride in a 6m cuddy cab when I was visiting some friends back home in South Aus last december.

Overall finish was pretty much near perfect. Welds perfect, no gaps, etc. Fitout was spot on as well.

The ride: in SA/Adelaide, the waters off the coast are prone to a lot of swell. Not so much bay chop.. The boat was sure footed, but I must admit, the ride in a 15-20 knot winds (seas 1-2m) was going to be exactly comfortable.. But the boat handled it well, didn't broach or chine walk..

I can't comment on the smaller boats..

The boat it pretty much a Jackman designed hull with a few tweaks I think... So it's just got a standard deadrise of about 15 degs...

You may wanna check some of the WA forums, as there are quite a few owners there..

pilchardjones
18-04-2007, 09:00 PM
hi beaross,
i have a 6m goldstar and can thoroughly recommend it.
its a great finish, all quality fittings, and rides really well. i love it. i did a lot of research before deciding on a goldstar.
we use it mainly as a fishing boat around GBR off Lucinda and Townsville.
if your mate wants to have a chat or see some photos just PM me.

steve