PDA

View Full Version : QUALITY or Lack there of ?

NAGG
17-04-2007, 05:43 PM
:'( After owning my new boat for 6 months now ..... I'm absolutely astounded by the lack of quality in what I have purchased ..... 3 Major failures have occurred!:thumbsdown: Let me share my experiences with you !
Firstly ... The Minn Kota craps its self (Maximiser replaced) , then the bow mounted Lowrance X135 goes berserk! (replaced) .... Now the icing on the cake :brood: My 60HP Yammi 4 stroke ... starts to make a funny sound :o Turns out that the gear box is F#C%E@ (24 hours use ) ... While it is being replaced under warranty , it has totally stuffed my Qld road trip (now rescheduled for Oct)
SO FELLOW MEMBERS ..... AM I JUST JINXED:end: or HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THE SAME QUALITY ISSUES?:furious2: Nagg

bastard
17-04-2007, 05:46 PM
:'( After owning my new boat for 6 months now ..... I'm absolutely astounded by the lack of quality in what I have purchased ..... 3 Major failures have occurred!:thumbsdown: Let me share my experiences with you !
Firstly ... The Minn Kota craps its self (Maximiser replaced) , then the bow mounted Lowrance X135 goes berserk! (replaced) .... Now the icing on the cake :brood: My 60HP Yammi 4 stroke ... starts to make a funny sound :o Turns out that the gear box is F#C%E@ (24 hours use ) ... While it is being replaced under warranty , it has totally stuffed my Qld road trip (now rescheduled for Oct)
SO FELLOW MEMBERS ..... AM I JUST JINXED:end: or HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THE SAME QUALITY ISSUES?:furious2: NaggThats some bad luck your having,hope things get better.

Blackened
17-04-2007, 05:56 PM
G'day

Fair enough you've had a bad run. Look at it this way, it's all uphill from here ;)

Dave

krazyfisher
17-04-2007, 05:57 PM
no sounds about right within 6 mths I had a battery go, than motor was not charging than lowrance gps gone than lowrance sounder gone than the lowrance fuel flow meter all replaced but hey atleast no problems with the boat!!!

Whitto
17-04-2007, 06:07 PM
G'Day Nagg, At least all your problems will be replaced under warranty,and as for the later time of October for your trip is proberbly a good thing Barra wise, Good thing it all happened at once, gets all the crap out of the way, Cheers Whitto

NAGG
17-04-2007, 06:33 PM
G'Day Nagg, At least all your problems will be replaced under warranty,and as for the later time of October for your trip is proberbly a good thing Barra wise, Good thing it all happened at once, gets all the crap out of the way, Cheers Whitto
Whitto .... I'm a pragmatic kinda guy ..... & while I know that Oct is a better time to do our trip .... unfortunately after the anticipation over the last 6 months its a big let down (actually we planned to go to Weipa in April 08)..... not to mention the personal expense/ sacrifice to set your self up (This ranges from new lures , rods & reels ...... up to a new boat & car:'( .... $110,000ish ....:o all based on this trip .... & the others to follow:'( ....... Anticipation rules!!! ..... So in the end... I will just have to wait ! .... NAGG
PS you should see my lounge room ..... All the gear laid out ..... Its enough to make you cry!

Angla
17-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry to bring this up, but it may have been better to have put the boat through more tests at home before the trip wa scheduled.

But Hey. We are guys and thats just the way it has happened so now you can wind up for april 08. Just put it all behind you.

Chris

NAGG
17-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry to bring this up, but it may have been better to have put the boat through more tests at home before the trip wa scheduled.

But Hey. We are guys and thats just the way it has happened so now you can wind up for april 08. Just put it all behind you.

Chris
Angla ..... dont you think that 6 months & 24 hours (on the water) is enough testing on a brand new rig:huh2: ..... I certainly would have thought so !......
NAGG

bootyinblue
17-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Tinny and oars = No problems.....

Nah I think it is just the way it is these days, people want the latest technology and its being produced as quick as it can, sometimes too quick resulting in flaws. The more you have hooked up the more problems to be encountered. As in a previous post, I have had my boat for 18 months now and if the steering wheel was up the right way when going straight I would be 100% happy in my purchase.

Cloud_9
17-04-2007, 11:04 PM
its too hard to get the steering wheel to sit that way so i got a S/S spoke wheel it doesn't matter where the F it sits
Cheers Cloud 9
PS just about everything I've ever bought has stuffed up from new to some degree.
3.5 discovery tinnie ( no silicone on bung plug body)
Galeforce 4.8 same problem .
new tv no chanels.
DVD tunner didnt work.
twin computers and 1 is a heep of shite.
Karcher water blaster been fixed 4 times now out of warranty and stuffed again.
new car and the engine emobilizer stuffed twice.
new car again same prob as above.
new digi camera 1 month old died. AND was lost it transit when sent to get fixed!!!
its just the way its going.
if you get a good 1 your lucky.
Cheers Cloud 9

finga
18-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Just think...things happen in 3's.
Your 3 are up :)

Chimo
18-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi Cloud_9

Sorry to hear of your woes.
I wont bore you with mine but................ Can you tell me what issues you have had with your karcher and what model you have?
Looking to avoid problems if possible.

thanks
Chimo

NAGG
18-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Just think...things happen in 3's.
Your 3 are up :)
Finga .... Gee I hope you are right! ::) ::) ::) NAGG

Lucky the motor crapped itself here & not 30ks up Hinchinbrook Channel

Seahorse
18-04-2007, 03:32 PM
hey cloud-9

hope u dont touch me for good luck. think it would be time to curl up the toes.

FNQCairns
18-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Lucky the motor crapped itself here & not 30ks up Hinchinbrook Channel

You sure about that? think of all the missed casting opportunities!:):)

NAGG
18-04-2007, 08:49 PM
You sure about that? think of all the missed casting opportunities!:):)
::) TRUE! .... Nagg

NAGG
19-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi All ..... Just an update on the Yammi gear box ...... Check this out:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: ..... Apparently there was an extra part floating around in the gear box:hammer: :oops: The mechanic was stunned! .... Anyhow I will say that both Yamaha & the dealer pulled out all stops to get in a new gear box & install it in only a couple of days:dankk2:.... Nagg

Whitto
19-04-2007, 07:19 PM
:D :D Look out Naggs, Your luck is starting to turn around,Won't be long and u will be on the business end of a Barra, and remember we expect photo's, Cheers Whitto:) :)

haggis
19-04-2007, 08:02 PM
hey nagg good to here things are on the up&up .
hope you dont have the same luck as cloud 9
cheers fae haggis .........

NAGG
23-04-2007, 06:45 PM
:D :D Look out Naggs, Your luck is starting to turn around,Won't be long and u will be on the business end of a Barra, and remember we expect photo's, Cheers Whitto:) :)
Whitto .... I wish I was going to tangle with some barra soon (cancelled the trip) ... However we have rescheduled for Oct (better choice anyhow8-) ) ..... So we just settled for a trip to Narooma over the past few days .... managed some good bream & flathead on Sps & Hbs ... but not quite in the league of barra & jacks! .... Nagg
PS .... Wish I knew how to post pics:-/

NAGG
01-05-2007, 09:42 AM

TURN AROUND !:wut: :oops: :thumbsdown: I've just sent back both the X135 & 74lb Minn Kota back for repairs ..... Again! (twice this year:'( ) ...... WHAT THE F#@k ... is going on! .... :end: NAGG