PDA

View Full Version : Formosa 550 centre cab

Mad-One
17-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi All...........I am considering purchasing a Formossa 550 centre cab and I really like the look of a black one and was just wondering if it was going to make it to hot. Any advice would be Appreciated

Cheers and thanks in advance Mad :D

Noelm
17-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I guess the answer is yes, but how much hotter is anybodies guess, hey it might even be a good thing, like on a cool Winters day, if you like it and don't mind the Black showing scratches and stuff more, then go for it, why go for what you consider to be second best, just because it might be hotter than a white one!

Bin455
17-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Mate im not sure about boats and colours etc. but I live in Darwin and I own a black 4wd....and the difference in heat inside the vehicle is bugger all compared to light coloured cars. I recon if you like the colour.....get it...;D

Black_Rat
17-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Assuming it's black inside as well i'd imagine you would get less glare compared to a white boat.

chuss
17-04-2007, 06:16 PM
if you're boating at night, i'd not go black.

Boats are white for a reason....

Sitting on the shore looking out to sea, you can see all the white specs on the horizon, they are boats... can't see the black ones..

Corry
17-04-2007, 06:43 PM
It'd be hot alright, Hot as mustard, I'd love one.

Cheers
Corry

seatime
17-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Mad, doubt you'd notice the difference in inside temp with black paint work.
visibility won't be too much of a concern either, on choppy whitecapped days white boats are hard to spot from the bridge of a ship, colour is much easier. if you want high vis, get yellow or orange, not white IMO.
white is used extensively because fading doesn't show as much, it's cleaner, and it's usually cheaper ;)

should start a new thread/debate on fav boat colours :D

Jaffo
17-04-2007, 07:15 PM
You wont be able to touch the thing when left in the sun, a mate has a black hull and in the early morn I almost run over him a real bitch to see. My wife wanted a black car and she got it, a mongrel thing to keep clean. In summer when washing it you can see the water vaper coming off it and it is hoter inside than my car as I have measured it. My advise is, dont do it, looks great but you will regeat it as have other people I know have.

FNQCairns
17-04-2007, 07:17 PM
should start a new thread/debate on fav boat colours :D

Gelsec if you do make sure you ban Cloud9 from comment first, or at least inform him that fluro is not actually a colour:):)

cheers fnq

Mad-One
17-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Guy's for your input it is much appreciated. Just to clarify it is black Hull with white centre cab and also white interior but I will be lining the inside of the boat with carpet to help keep the noise down
Cheers Mad

wags on the water
17-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes it shows up scratches and water spots, I don't think it's hotter than any other colour but my oath it looks great!

Mad-One
17-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Same as this but a Centre Cab like below

4706http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/%5BIMG%5Dfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JBHIFI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

seatime
17-04-2007, 10:13 PM
looks great mate, go the black http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon14.gif

it's pointless to compare black cars with black painted boats http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon5.gif, they're used in a completely different environment.

Garth
17-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Formosa has a 5% price rise on the 1st may, so try to place your order in April.
I just ordered a 5.5 c/con (white) to avoid paying the extra.
As far as colour goes, so long as it's white on the inside you shouldn't notice a heat problem.

timddo
18-04-2007, 09:18 AM
There is a price rise of 5%. Garth you must be the one looking at the cc on Saturday morning down the coast. The materials use on the bo at is 5251 grade compared to 5083 by Fisher boats. MPA wise is 1/3 weaker. I'm considering buying the 550 supercab.

As for Heat it shouldn't be a problem coz your in the water and the water will cool the boat down anyway.

Mad-One
18-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah knew about the price rise and the guy's at Coastal Powerboats were really helpful and said if I ordered now I wouldn't have to pay till the 20th July but I can't guarantee my money will be through by then so will just have to suffer the price rise. :'( Thats life but I really like the boat and I reckon it will be a great fishing/family boat and Black it will be so now it's finding a name but atleast I have plenty of time. Was thinking of GOB ( grumpy old bastard) which is what my kids and missus call me sometimes

Cheers Mad

timddo
18-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Mad, i waiting for the minister to agree and get a trade in price for my trailcraft. i'm gonna upgrade my hull to a 5mm hull.