PDA

View Full Version : Recommend A Marine Aluminum Welder on Brisbane Bayside/ Southside

Redspeckle
17-04-2007, 11:24 AM
After My trip down to South Haven on the weekend just gone with my Niece and Nephew
I decided to get couple of jobs done on the boat before the colder weather comes be ready head over the south passage bar after going to Fraser Island Fishing comp ( I want be fishing again until then) but this job needs a good aluminum welder to do it I want to put on spray chimes on each side of the boat up the front to make it the boat a bit more drier when hitting into the swells and give boat bit lift a same time when going down them and thinking putting on front keel guard as well my boat is a Star boat similar style of the Pacific Sportfish Baots
I did a search here on Ausfish come up with on from Riptide at Browns Plains on Brisbane Southside I just like to know any more out there yes I have got some names out of the yellow pages but I like to find out that any you would recommend to me with you or mates experiences with them and I would to get this job done properly first times so don't have to go back to them you can post up here or pm with their details
:dankk2:Mitch

bastard
17-04-2007, 02:27 PM
J and T marine ,just behind jem bait and tackle.

FNQCairns
17-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Think you are on a winner with the Keel guard idea I plan the same thing, I bought a tinny from Aquamaster boats in tradelink rd browns plains, this boat has been finished with attention to detail (non painted) and everything lines up very well and square.

I have had 2 lots of welding done to it since both not up to the same quality same job and amount each time just different area of floor price no1 was $55 and the second place $135... here is the point the boat I bought from Aquamaster is 1/4 bigger than any other HD pressed basic tinny only I could find mass produced yet the cost was near 10% cheaper with far better overall design and far better structure.

Strongly suspect you will get the right price and the quality to match, wish they were in Cairns I have given up and will teach myself:)

cheers fnq

sherkier
17-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi my name is kevin and this is a quick response to your query.I have two sons that are both qualified boat builders.they build boats up to 35meters and bigger in aluminium.my eldest son builds from 5meters to 7meter plate boats from home in his spare time he has a fully equipped work shop at my house,He could do this work for you with out any problem im sure.We live at Victoria Point and if your interested email me back and i could put you in contact with him.
thanking you kevin

Redspeckle
18-04-2007, 05:11 PM
J and T marine ,just behind jem bait and tackle.

Not been smart here but where is jem bait & tackle store location:huh2:

Yeah FNQCairns I have been thinking about putting the keel guard on since i had bought the baot few years ago now but haven't done now this is a chance to do it I seen them on heap glass boats

Sherkier check your pms sent you one
Mitch

MICK H
11-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello Sherkier, check your private messages.............Cheers Mick

shano
11-10-2007, 06:36 PM
if all else fails pm me i do plenty of custom jobs on boats . do plenty work for westside marine! and many other ausfishers!

Vitamin Sea
11-10-2007, 06:57 PM
After My trip down to South Haven on the weekend just gone with my Niece and Nephew
I decided to get couple of jobs done on the boat before the colder weather comes be ready head over the south passage bar after going to Fraser Island Fishing comp ( I want be fishing again until then) but this job needs a good aluminum welder to do it I want to put on spray chimes on each side of the boat up the front to make it the boat a bit more drier when hitting into the swells and give boat bit lift a same time when going down them and thinking putting on front keel guard as well my boat is a Star boat similar style of the Pacific Sportfish Baots
I did a search here on Ausfish come up with on from Riptide at Browns Plains on Brisbane Southside I just like to know any more out there yes I have got some names out of the yellow pages but I like to find out that any you would recommend to me with you or mates experiences with them and I would to get this job done properly first times so don't have to go back to them you can post up here or pm with their details
:dankk2:Mitch

Hi,

I know a good bloke at Belmont who has done work for me and a couple of the fella's here on Ausfish

Let me know if you want the details

PS: J & T are more or less behind the Gem Hotel on Jacobs Well Rd, Jason to is a top bloke, but does mainly stainless work

Cheers

Bill

Redspeckle
11-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Gee :o
I can't believe this topic turns up after nearly 6 months after I ask

I ended going with a bloke called Brad that works out of Mr.Tinnes on old Cleveland road ( next to Leisure Marine) done a very good job on putting the spray chimes and weld area on back of the boat + cuddy cab the welds good nice good thick size not those small little beads its has made my boat drier and safer in the bigger sea now I got it done about 5 months ago and been happy ever since I got it done;D
I would remmond him does a great job
Mitch
ps I didn't end going with the keel guard

MICK H
11-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Cheers guys, i'm looking at getting an aluminium pod made up, not just yet, just doing the ground work. Thanks Mitch ,i'm only 5 minutes from there so i'll go in and have a chat......................Mick

Redspeckle
14-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I ended going with a bloke called Brad that works out of Mr.Tinnes on old Cleveland road ( next to Leisure Marine)

I have been Informed that Brad now works out of Leisure marine which is next Door to Mr Tinnes

Mitch