PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay to Melbourne

Ryan.S
16-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Heading south from Hervey bay on 1 June for a few weeks. Going to see my brother in Melbourne and i was just wondering if anyone knows of some good spots along the way. I intend on packing light so i will basically sticking to soft plastics with the exception of a 17g Spanyid Maniac. Will be taking my Berkley Dropshot 4kg 7 footer mounted will a Diawa Laguna 2000 with 10Pound Fireline.
Dont really intend stopping long enough to gather bait. Will be land based for the duration of my travels. I mostly intend to stick to the salt but do intend to try my luck at a Snowy Mountains trout. And any tips in this area would be muchly appreciated.
Ryno

reelman
18-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Stop in @ Echuca (vic) and hook up on a (green beast) murray cod that is well worth it if ya hook up

Marlin_Mike
18-04-2007, 11:46 AM
If you are going down the coast through NSW, try a spot just outside Nowra, the Crookhaven River.

Heaps of land based spots there, from greenwell Point to Orient Point and towards the mouth of the Crookhaven River, off the rocks just under neath the camping ground or out the front of the light house.

Plenty of action to be hadfrom all species.

Mike

gone_fishing
18-04-2007, 05:48 PM
yamba , port macquaire, foster tuncurry, all have break walls and river bays etc

Noelm
19-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Jesus, it would be hard NOT to find a million good spots on that trip! everyone on here who lives South of hervey bay will be able to attest to spots in every Town,City, lake, River, Dam whatever, just take a good map and try a few likely looking spots as time permits.

manchild
19-04-2007, 08:29 PM
If you wanna catch something different ,go to Stockyard point in melbourne .The elephant or ghost shark would be in their millions.You can look it up on the map .Also the place called punchbowl just across philip island before san reno,one of the best rockfishing spot in oz.
George

Ryan.S
19-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys, that will help, i know it was a pretty broad question Noel but i dont have time to (find) a million good spots. Only time to try a couple known g spots. Thanks again.
Ryno

Ryan.S
19-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Cheers George, will look up these spots.
Ryno