PDA

View Full Version : DOH.....E-tec oil cap !!!!

juju
16-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Went out fishing today, came back did the wash bit, the spray with lanox and so on.....had a look at the oil tank ....down a bit so filled it....put cover back on motor....put boat away.....went back down to get my wallet out of the boat...oil everywhere.....SH#T......who forgot the cap on the oil tank......should create a oil slick next time its in the water....

disorderly
16-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Sounds like you filled the reservoir up while it was in a vertical position and then tilted the motor when you parked the boat.
Bit of a bummer,but it would have been interesting if it happened prior to heading offshore to go fishing.
So how are you finding the motor,aside from the human error.
I have had a 90hp for 8 or 9 months and find it a great motor.Very quiet and economical.

cheers Scott

juju
17-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Yep i filled it up while still out the front yard, was distracted by a 4 year old helper, forgot the cap, tilted it up and then backed the boat under the house....24 hours later this still a bit dripping out of the leg...smelly stuff to that oil.....ive done 50 hours so far and im happy with it...only thing im not real happy about is how you can see the teltail,so you cant make sure its pumping water while your up front driving...otherwise all is good

punta
17-04-2007, 04:42 PM
JUJU that's a pretty expensive little mistake when the xd-100 oil sells for 55-60 dollars a bottle.Mine leeked after the 10hr service which they blamed on an O ring.On the third trip back to the dealer they put in a new oil bottle and problem solved.I had traces of oil for weeks afterwards.