PDA

View Full Version : Old trailer disposal?

Poodroo
16-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Just been thinking a bit of late about what people do with their old trailers because I will be in a position where I will need to discard of one somehow. Decided the old trailer for the tinnie just isn't worth doing anything with and I am going to just go and get myself a new trailer. But how do I dispose of the old trailer? I doubt the local refuse stations/tips would like me towing it in and dumping it. The old trailer does not have rego so I can't tow it legally anywhere anyhow. If anyone out there has invested in a new trailer and got rid of the old trailer feel free to enlighten me on how you managed it. Thanks,

Poodroo

blaze
16-04-2007, 04:20 PM
put it in the wheelie bin, go out and cut it up into 2 foot lenths and a bit in the bin each week. Axle and wheels and springs can go to some ausfisher that will come and help cut the trailer.
Ploblem fixed
cheers
blaze

Greg P
16-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Most dumps have a trash and treasure section. They would welcome it no worries I would think as someone may have a use for it.

leezor
16-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Put it in the for sale section as a give away, am sure someone will will take it off your hands.

Marlin_Mike
16-04-2007, 04:56 PM
unlimited free trips to the tip in the Redlands Shire...oh, did i mention we also have alot of water ???? :):):)

finga
16-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Bung an add in the trading post.
I put one in there for my old clunker trailer and got $100 for it. They worry about getting it away then.
Or bung it on ebay with 99c reserve. It'll go for sure :)
That is of course if no-body here wants it.
Is it Brian's old one??

Poodroo
16-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Bung an add in the trading post.
I put one in there for my old clunker trailer and got $100 for it. They worry about getting it away then.
Or bung it on ebay with 99c reserve. It'll go for sure :)
That is of course if no-body here wants it.
Is it Brian's old one??

G'day Scotty. No it isn't Brian's old one. Brian's is easy to dispose of. All I have to do is tell him I am bringing it back to his place. ;D Nah it is my old trailer that still has the tinnie sitting on it. The framework is still reasonable but it would require new springs and rollers and some sections cut and welded. More work than I am interested in. Easier to bung a new trailer under it I reckon and then be able to tow it anywhere to have the motor and gearbox sorted out. I am up for holidays probably next month and I am thinking it would be great to have the tinnie going by then. Thanks for the suggestions people. Taking it all on board. Might advertise it as a giveaway and see if someone will want it.

Thanks,

Poodroo

gone_fishing
16-04-2007, 05:57 PM
take it to a scrap yard get some dollers for it
or ring one of the mobs that collect old cars and scrap they take it off you hands no worries might get a couple of bob of them but doubt it

Tangles
16-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Poodroo,
we got rid of an old trailer 3 months ago, wheeled it onto the road, put a sign "Take me' 2 days later gone....
mike

Poodroo
16-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Have spoken to Finga and he may have a use for it.... problem solved I think. Good thinking by the way Mike. ;)

Poodroo