PDA

View Full Version : samurai NV7

roz
15-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Had a chance to use my newly built NV7 and my newly purchased bait runner 4500 yesterday afternoon.

I can't believe I've made the perfect choice, the rod was perfect, and handled some not to small vermin with ease.

The reel was also perfect, this is the first time I've ever used a bait runner, and for float lining it was outstanding, being able to allow the fish to run then knowing exactly how much drag there will be when you turn the handle is a huge bonus.

So I can confidently recommend the combination of this very light and strong rod with the baitrunner reel.

Seven out of seven vermin (snapper) backs that up.

Heath
15-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Very nice. I just got a NV8 to build up.

Out of interest, what is the distance of your stripper guide to the end of the butt?

jan
15-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Nice catch Roz. Glad you like the reels. I have 8 b/r (as we sell them cheap :) )plus a thunnus as I really like using them. I might have to make an NV7 for myself now, lol, as I have a 6000 Thunnus in the pipeline so would fit the rod nicely.
Cheers,
Jan.

sid_fishes
15-04-2007, 09:06 PM
good catch there girl cheers ian

wags on the water
15-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Nice haul there Roz.

roz
15-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Very nice. I just got a NV8 to build up.

Out of interest, what is the distance of your stripper guide to the end of the butt?

very close to 93 cm, I used an number 30 but I think a 25 would have been OK as well.

Still managed some good distance casting, even with an unweighted pilchard.

r.

Volvo
15-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Some nice fish there Rozza..Wish the wind would ease to let me get a feed in the pan:)..
Cheers

Mattg68
16-04-2007, 09:56 PM
nice work Roz, certainly works that's for sure, where do you purchase your blanks & could I pursade you to part with the recipe.

Matt

roz
16-04-2007, 11:15 PM
nice work Roz, certainly works that's for sure, where do you purchase your blanks & could I pursade you to part with the recipe.

Matt

Very happy to help you out in anyway I can Matt.

I get a pretty good deal from Fishing Tackle Australia & they are also known as MO tackle.

I will PM you over the next few days with more detail.

I also built myself one for barra fishing (NV7) I only use it lure casting with a baitcaster, at Awoonga, happy with that one also.

cheers r.

Mattg68
17-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes Roz, any advice would be great & very appreciated. The rod building bug is just starting to get under my skin so looks like I'll end up with a whole host of newbie rods to the collection. Am heading up to the Swains in June so any help with mid to heavy setups would be most accepted.

Thanks again & look forward to PM.

Matt