PDA

View Full Version : mercury force mystery solved

wayneoro
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
remember all the trouble i had with my force and the mercury agents XXXX bundaberg they kept telling me over a year pig headerly that why my motor broke down was the stator and only a $1000 stator from them would fix it so i purched new aftermarket 1 from states no good 2nd hand no good i took the motor to them 10 times at least then i purchased the mercury kit in usa half there price and still no good so i sold it now i find out the problem was a loose wire under fly wheel nothing to do with stator why did they not check that instead they robbed me blind they even charged me $160 surcharge on parts they had to return because the father didnt know what his son the mech had done its firms like XXXX who want the fishermans dollars without any effort

Edited by Mod 4 to keep you out of a law court.

davez104
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Thats unreal. The new owner, (I think you sold the motor) probably got a bargain, but it was a bit of a gamble. Bet you're a bit peaved that a loose wire cost you so much. Things like that can be hard to trace, but it sounds like they didn't put a lot of effort into finding the problem. Guess they won't be seeing too many more of your hard earned dollars.

Dave.

wayneoro
13-04-2007, 11:26 PM
thats for sure mate i will never go back there and a lot of other people emailed me at the time that have had a lot of trouble there cheers

davez104
14-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Kind of sucks that they can't be named too. I have dealt with them in the past, bought a motor and had it fitted along with a side console/forward controls. While I didn't really have problems with the job they did for me, they did promise me a bit of after sales service in regard to trying different props/motor heights, untill I had a setup I was happy with. As soon as I handed over my money they did not want to know me, needless to say have not, and won't be, going back to Ritchie St in Bundaberg. . . . Oops ;)

Dave.

BM
15-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Sad, but also glad, to see that the problem was finally resolved.

Sorry that it wsn't while you owned it though.

Unfortunately, the very best of internet, phone etc diagnosis often cannot account for human error...

Anyway, onwards and upwards and a wiser boater...