PDA

View Full Version : do I have to get power tilt/trim ??

ashh
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
my motor is a 1999 25hp mercury with forward controls, and it does not have a shallow drive option like the tiller steer models.Its either fully down, or fully up position.
Also, when beaching the boat I have to reach right down under the motor to get at the latch to raise the motor.
Can I just buy a different latch gizmo, and replace it with mine, so I can have the shallow drive option like the tiller steer models ?
Idealy, I would looove to have power tilt, but dont want to buy a brand new unit $$$, is there anywhere, like a boat wreckers/spares place that would possibly sell them?? preferably close to gold coast area. Thanks in advance

ps can post up pics if it helps.

davez104
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Buying trim/tilt rams is very expensive, even second hand. I find it odd that there is no shallow drive. Hopefully there will be someone who has addressed this problem that will help you.

Dave.

FNQCairns
11-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Outboard manufacturers like to use conservation of major parts, so I would suspect you should be able to purchase different latches etc to make it shallow drive.

Do some research here: http://www.ishopmarine.com/ishop/jsp/AsplIsmHomeSup.jsp?reqFor=42&eCatSupFldr=supplier-050-025-MM

once you have the part numbers and names ring a few O/B wreckers for second hand parts to save a few dollars.

cheers fnq

akman1
11-04-2007, 06:56 PM
There's a wrecker at Yatala just off the motorway dunno what he is like,maybe an earlier model might fit?

ashh
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks for the link FNQ

STUIE63
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I Had A Friend Who Made A New Pin That Was D Shaped And When He Wanted Shallow Run He Span The Pin Around And Hooked Onto The End Of The D If This Makes Any Sense
Stuie