PDA

View Full Version : Going for boat license

Poodroo
10-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi all, soon I will be going for my boat license so if any of you have contacts and info with regards to getting a license I would love to hear from you. I live at Mt.Warren Park so Jacob's Well is pretty handy to me. Thanks heaps,

Poodroo

Marlin_Mike
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I would PM Gelsec, he does it for a living.

Mike

PinHead
10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
australian boating college...horizon shores...they run classes on saturday mornings..wife got hers there.

tigermullet
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Sorry - don't know but have seen the boat from Horizon Shores getting around.

My licence fell out of a Corn Flakes packet about 44 years ago;D

WHALEOIL
10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
In NSW, you can do the test on line. It pretty much covers all questions you will be asked when you do go for the test proper.

Hamish73
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Wanda got hers through 'All state boat licencing', she was pretty impressed with them, they operate out of Coast Guard manly

finga
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Good on ya Poo. :)
All the best with the course eh.
Looks like you'd better do some work on the tinny ;)

Black_Rat
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I would PM Gelsec, he does it for a living.

Mike

Yeah support the locals ;D

Otherwise I did mine through 'Archies' now based at Comsile I believe.

Either way good luck ;)

Poodroo
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Now the ball is rolling. Will be licensed to kill (fish that is) real soon. As finga has said I had better get my tinnie project under way. Scotty I forgot to mention that the trailer isn't very attractive and isn't registered so it would be risky and illegal to tow it to you. Any chance of getting you to look at it at my place? There will be cold beer waiting for you. ;) Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, now the whole of Ausfish will want to come over. Lol

Poodroo

Sea-Dog
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Ahhh, two of my favourite words.... Cold & Beer.

Poodroo
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks again for the help and suggestions. It is official, I am booked in for this Saturday 14th. to go and be a licensed boatie. :)

Regards,

Poodroo

Marlin_Mike
12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Who'd ya book with?

Mike

Poodroo
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Who'd ya book with?

Mike

G'day Mike. I ended up going with Pinhead's suggestion purely because I live just around the corner from Jacob's Well and he could fit me in at a time that suited me. Looking forward to being able to skipper a boat legally and get started on the tinnie project which is sitting under covers in the back yard. Will be on the water real soon and hopefully showing some reports of my outings. ;D See you on the water Mike. ;)

Poodroo

Marlin_Mike
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Best of luck mate

Mike

Poodroo
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks Mike. Seeing as the prawns are around at the moment I wonder if I would be frowned upon casting a net about whilst puttering around.... lol;D

Poodroo

finga
12-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Mike. Seeing as the prawns are around at the moment I wonder if I would be frowned upon casting a net about whilst puttering around.... lol;D

Poodroo
Just as long as you don't have to change direction whilst puttering....
Send a PM with your details matey or just bring the motor and fuel tank.

sid_fishes
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
i did mine a long time ago a a boat show at silverwater[ at the boat club in sydney] we had a tent to do the exam in with booklets on the table an i refused to look at them everybody had left except me [they cheated ] and the guy came and helped me out[ i hate exams]and thats was that, had a blown race/ski boat in the car park ready to go. at least up here they teach you the right way to be in charge of a vessel

Poodroo
14-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Good on ya Poo. :)
All the best with the course eh.
Looks like you'd better do some work on the tinny ;)

Woohoo I got it. Passed the exam no worries and had a ball doing it. When it was my turn to take the boat for a spin the other two classmates that came out at the same time were certainly not the ugliest.:o ::) So now I can legally skipper a vessel. Better get my vessel seaworthy now and go get me some fishies. ;D

Poodroo

ashh
15-04-2007, 02:36 AM
congrats mate, might see you on the water some time ;)

Luc
15-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Well done.

Welcome to the Skipper's club.

Luc

Marlin_Mike
15-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Onya mate well done. Welcome to the club :)

Mike

finga
15-04-2007, 07:12 AM
The getting of the license is done.
The getting the tinny seaworthy is pretty easy.
Finding the fish...now that's the hardest part :P

Brumby
15-04-2007, 08:02 AM
[quote=Poodroo;604061 When it was my turn to take the boat for a spin the other two classmates that came out at the same time were certainly not the ugliest.:o ::) Poodroo[/quote]

Nah mate, who'd believe a fisherman - photos required as proof!

Congrats anyway, see you out there

Carl

BilgeBoy
15-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Maritime warning

change of conditions Morton Bay area and surrounds.

Beware of floating hazard to fish stocks...answers to the name Poodroo...keep well clear. If sighted, SAY G'DAY

Onya Poodroo...see you out there!!

BilgeBoy

dogsbody
15-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Onya Poo man. Now get that boat sorted.

Dave.

Poodroo
15-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Nah mate, who'd believe a fisherman - photos required as proof!

Congrats anyway, see you out there

Carl

Hey there Brumby, I didn't bring a camera but apparently Pinhead was somewhere on land at the Marina taking incriminating shots. ::) Thanks everyone for the congrats. I have to say I was so excited the night before sleep was impossible. Looking forward to skippering my own boat and getting out there. Hey Finga you haven't seen my fish catching skills mate. It is the easiest part. ;)

Poodroo

Poodroo
15-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Maritime warning

change of conditions Morton Bay area and surrounds.

Beware of floating hazard to fish stocks...answers to the name Poodroo...keep well clear. If sighted, SAY G'DAY

Onya Poodroo...see you out there!!

BilgeBoy

That's gold BigeBoy. Thanks...lol

Cheers,

Poodroo

Greg P
15-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Now the real learning begins :-X

Not too many paying customers fail those RTO organisations.

PinHead
15-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey there Brumby, I didn't bring a camera but apparently Pinhead was somewhere on land at the Marina taking incriminating shots. ::) Thanks everyone for the congrats. I have to say I was so excited the night before sleep was impossible. Looking forward to skippering my own boat and getting out there. Hey Finga you haven't seen my fish catching skills mate. It is the easiest part. ;)

Poodroo

I wasn't on land..I was on my boat..I toldyou I had moved it..if you had looked out of the back of the boat you were on you would have seen me...pics are on here now.